Hoppa,price glitch

Hi,
I've used Hoppa,previously Resorthoppa,many times,always using the British GBP version.
Last night I priced up Alicante to Benidorm return,it came up at £25.47, which included using their discount voucher,SOL25,which gives a 25% reduction on their usual price this weekend.
As I have a Euro card,pre loaded,I wanted to use this.So can only use it when on the page of one of the countries who use the Euro, i.e Spain,Rep.or Ireland,Belgium etc.Who would have guessed the differences in the prices of countries that use the same currency?
R.O.I. came up at €29,Spain €26,Belgium €30!,I persevered,I changed to the Italian page,guess what? €20.80,now they did add on another €3 card charge bringing it up to €23.80!,at yesterday's exchange rate of €1.14 to the £, that's only £20.70,a saving of almost a fiver!
Admittedly I don't speak Italian,so I went through the application with my smart phone on the British version step by step as I filled out the Italian version on my tablet.I wonder if anyone else has done this?

Comments

• fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Use the Chrome browser and it can auto translate. Used to do it on other countries Expedia sites, although never for Hoppa.
  • safesound
    safesound Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Maybe completely dense (or lazy) but can you list the various websites as I can't find the Italian one.
    :A:A:A:A:A:A
  • Hi,just click on the flag,Union flag,when on the British site,from the drop down list,click on whatever nation you want.
  • Showing 28% off now until midnight today using code SQL28

https://www.hoppa.com/en

As Tesco would say, "Every Little Helps" :D
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    safesound wrote: »
    Maybe completely dense (or lazy) but can you list the various websites as I can't find the Italian one.

https://www.expedia.it/

There's a row of flags towards the bottom of the home page, arranged in alphabetical order.
  • Hi,I emailed Hoppa regarding charging me €3 for using a prepaid MasterCard,they are now reimbursing me €1.50!......"Every little helps"
  • MCGONIS
    MCGONIS Posts: 699 Forumite
    Delboy14 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I've used Hoppa,previously Resorthoppa,many times,always using the British GBP version.
    Last night I priced up Alicante to Benidorm return,it came up at £25.47, which included using their discount voucher,SOL25,which gives a 25% reduction on their usual price this weekend.
    As I have a Euro card,pre loaded,I wanted to use this.So can only use it when on the page of one of the countries who use the Euro, i.e Spain,Rep.or Ireland,Belgium etc.Who would have guessed the differences in the prices of countries that use the same currency?
    R.O.I. came up at €29,Spain €26,Belgium €30!,I persevered,I changed to the Italian page,guess what? €20.80,now they did add on another €3 card charge bringing it up to €23.80!,at yesterday's exchange rate of €1.14 to the £, that's only £20.70,a saving of almost a fiver!
    Admittedly I don't speak Italian,so I went through the application with my smart phone on the British version step by step as I filled out the Italian version on my tablet.I wonder if anyone else has done this?

Thanks for sharing this. I just tried and it quoted me £27 or using the Italian one 23 EURO! If I pay in EURO and use my Halifax or Post Office card, then that is a fair wee saving!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure