Voice Dialling or other legal in-car options?

Options
2»

Comments

• LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Uxb wrote: »
    The world has changed
    You are EXPECTED to be contactable.
    Some people work on emergency call out type jobs - that is to say they do what they want while being ready on call; and when and if that call comes in to fix whatever it is they are expected to answer it immediately.
    Another example - recruitment. Short list for interview/job is x people long. Agency will go down list contacting them- if you don't answer they will move onto the next person - and indeed they will not come back to you.
    Same for tradesmen if they don't answer the client will simply move on to the next one on the list to do the job.

A very limited number of truly emergency jobs then? Sorry, but tradesmen and recruitment just don't cut it.

Somebody having a heart attack is an emergency, not somebody waiting to hear if they have a job or a plumber hoping they'll get a call to mend a leak. Oh, if I ruled the world:rotfl:
  • RumRat
    RumRat Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    LadyDee wrote: »
    A very limited number of truly emergency jobs then? Sorry, but tradesmen and recruitment just don't cut it.

Somebody having a heart attack is an emergency, not somebody waiting to hear if they have a job or a plumber hoping they'll get a call to mend a leak. Oh, if I ruled the world:rotfl:
    It would still be 1955.......;)
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
  • TangoFiver
    TangoFiver Posts: 94 Forumite
    Options
    some Garmin SatNavs will act as bluetooth hands free systems.

Thinking about it, this is exactly what I want - apart from the sat-nav bit :-)

Just thought I could get a 'gadget' that, when voice activated, could access my phone book and make/receive calls etc, does anyone know if thats possible? (should have explained it like that originally - sorry!)
  • devizes18193
    devizes18193 Posts: 1,594 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you look at some of the driver apps . Lazy car or drivermode spring to mind , both in the play store . and should hook up to a bt kit
  • firefox1956
    firefox1956 Posts: 1,548 Forumite
    Options
    Concentrate on your driving & not on some inane phone call would probably be sound advice.
    My opinion only.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport