Moneyway claiming ppi

Options
Hi , I'm new to the forum so hi everyone
I'm trying to claim back my mums ppi from moneyway but am already hitting my head .

I have written to them and sent this via recorded delivery and I have also emailed them we did this last month and have not herd from them . When I call they say we need to write or email .

Not sure what I can do from here don't wanna pay a middle man my mum paid £2000 in 2005 for ppi she was told she had to have to have the loan

Any nudge in right direction would be appreciated thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Try recorded delivery.
  • Starnash83
    Options
    I have done this and still nothing can they do this and ignore us ?
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    You may be contacting the wrong people.

Moneyway appear to offer 'finance solutions to dealers and brokers'. You would need to contact the dealer or broker that sold your mum the PPI.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Starnash83 wrote: »
    I have written to them and sent this via recorded delivery
    Try recorded delivery.

Best advice is NOT to send PPI complaints via recorded delivery, it invariably gets signed for but then fails to reach the intended recipient. Loads of examples of this on the forum, including my own redress acceptance. Just send it first class mail and get a receipt which is free from the post office.

HOWEVER, make sure that this PPI was purchased from Moneyway. If not, you'll get nowhere.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,484 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have written to them and sent this via recorded delivery and I have also emailed them we did this last month and have not herd from them . When I call they say we need to write or email .

That is a breach of FCA regulations. You are allowed to complain by phone. However, it appears that moneyway are not a distribution channel direct to consumer. So, you wouldnt complain to them about PPI. Perhaps it is that which is leading to some confusion.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure