PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Henry Hoovers

Options
13»

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am a cleaner and take all cleaning equipment/chemicals with me and henry is the best:), no problem with pet hairs and most of my clients have pets
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • MrsAtobe
    MrsAtobe Posts: 1,404 Forumite
    Options
    I know there are many Henry lovers out there, but from seeing them used in offices, I don't think they are that good, tbh. I'm on my second Dyson upright in 17 years, but I do admit that they are heavy to lug up and down stairs. I'm seriously considering getting the DC44 Animal, now that we've moved to a bigger house.
    Good enough is good enough, and I am more than good enough!:j

If all else fails, remember, keep calm and hug a spaniel!
  • chib
    chib Posts: 537 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Understand this post is a few months old now but thought I'd add my piece.

We had a Dyson then an Electrolux bagless uprights for a couple of years and both had issues picking up or with belts - in the end both were sold off second hand for spares. We then got a second hand Vax cylinder which was fine but older and the motor was starting to go - so we looked for something else.

Decided on the Henry which at the time was £89 from Currys (Early 2011) around a third we paid for the Dyson and Electolux. Took my daughter with me to pick it up and she was chuffed, now 5 she still loves plugging it in and switching it on.

Now over three years of use and lots of pet hair (No pets now) it never let us down, genuine bags are very cheap and we've only replaced it about five times. Henry is used daily and when we ripped down our ceiling and stripped walls it sucked up most of the dust and debris with no issues at all.

Last week the cuff at the end of the hose split and it pops off the metal pipe really easily I figured I'd need to replace the hose at about £20-£30 but I got a replacement cuff on eBay (Aftermarket) for £4 delivered.

Overall we love the Henry and leave it sitting out upstairs on the landing - in terms of vacuum cleaners it's a pretty good looking thing, we don't want to hide it or the fact we own one.
  • GwylimT
    GwylimT Posts: 6,530 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I haven't used a bag in our Henry since the first one needed chucking, in his day he has cleaned up vomit, drunkenly emptied a sink full of water, he has occasionally given our lawn a little spruce up when we were too lazy to sweep off some soil and freshly cut grass.
  • chib
    chib Posts: 537 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    GwylimT wrote: »
    I haven't used a bag in our Henry since the first one needed chucking, in his day he has cleaned up vomit, drunkenly emptied a sink full of water, he has occasionally given our lawn a little spruce up when we were too lazy to sweep off some soil and freshly cut grass.

Let me guess, student? :)
  • Honey_Bear
    Options
    OH won't use anything except an upright, so if I want him to do the vacuuming (and I do) it has to be a Dyson. I know there are people who don't like them, but I love them. We've had a succession of dogs and cats over the years, all of which shed, and the Dysons have always been brilliant at picking up their fur. I buy mine reconditioned or secondhand, and both places I source them say that there's nothing wrong with the majority of them that get taken to the dump - it's just that the filter needs cleaning. (Clear model by model instructions on the Dyson website: remove, run it under a tap, squeeze it dryish and bung it somewhere warm for 24 hours. Slot it back in. Simples.)
    Better is good enough.
  • GwylimT
    GwylimT Posts: 6,530 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    chib wrote: »
    Let me guess, student? :)

No, just an idiot.
  • mrs_motivated
    Options
    Our cleaner at work will only use a Henry, she swears they are the best.

At home I have a cordless Dyson and I love it, it's very lightweight and can whizz rond the whole bungalow in minutes, would be no good for a large house though as the battery would need recharging to often
    Well Behaved women seldom make history

Early retirement goal... 2026

Reduce, reuse, recycle .
  • Hobsons_Choice
    Options
    I've just treated myself to a cordless GTech Airam because my Dyson was just too heavy for me to take upstairs. So .. I originally bought it to just use in the bedrooms but it's so good I now use it all over the house. One charge will do our three bed house two or three times and it glides over solid floors using one finger. Kept the Dyson though because the GTech doesn't come with attachments (although you can buy a hand held "companion" one for about £100 :eek:).
    Not that I've used the Dyson since! A quick brush around skirting boards etc seems to do the trick.
    Note: I don't have any connection (it's cordless hahahah) to the Company.
    Normal people worry me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport