Failed Internal Security Check - Mobiles.co.uk

Options
I recently applied for an advanced black friday deal with mobiles.co.uk. It was a very good deal.

I was sent an email shortly afterwards to say I'd failed their internal security check. I didn't lie, I have no debts. I've got two mobile contracts and an ipad mini under contract with EE. I've previously ordered phones through mobiles.co.uk with no troubles. I did order a refurbished vodaphone iphone6 plus through them and returned it because vodaphone immediately messed up the payment arrangments so was not overly confident about dealing with them. This was two months ago.

No idea why I could have failed the internal security check though. I have no black marks against my name.

Phoned mobiles.co.uk and they said there was nothing anyone could do, there was no one who could tell me why I'd failed, no one could resolve the problem. Even writing a complaint, they couldn't deal with it. I am now barred from ordering a phone from mobiles.co.uk for up to 6 months.

So I'm blacklisted.., no idea why, nothing I can do but know the decision is wrong as I've done nothing wrong.

Is that it? Is there really nothing I can do?

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    On the electoral roll? Moved house recently? Checked your credit report?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I failed the internal security checks, was told when I called it didn't even get to a credit check stage.

But yes I am on the electoral register (have been for years), have no CCJ's, no bad debts etc. I do have a credit card that I have never defaulted on, I have a bank account I never go overdrawn with.

I was accepted two months ago for a vodaphone phone with mobiles.co.uk without hesitation. I did return the phone though (within 7 days). Nothing has changed with my credit rating since.

What I question is that I have absolutely no option to defend this decision, I was told no one could do anything about it. I can't see how this can be? It could be a simple computer glitch, I just don't know how I could have failed an internal security check. I've never done anything dishonest in my life.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 23 November 2015 at 7:52PM
    Options
    Unfortunately there is not a lot you can do if they won't even explain it to you. You can't force any business to sell to you, as they are free to deal - or not - with who they like.

It could be a simple as someone entering a detail slightly incorrectly that has failed you, but from their stance it seems that you (and us) will never know.

Is the deal still available? If not, maybe they oversold their stock, and they put customers who have returned items to the back of the priority line and you've just been unlucky this time. They obviously wouldn't want to advertise this fact though!

Is there not a comparable deal available elsewhere?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    No unfortunately there is nothing even vaguely comparable.., the next day it was £5 more per month and less of a voucher for the money upfront for the phone.., so was considerably more expensive.

Even the new deal is considerably cheaper than offered by competitors. But I can't get that either.., I'm now blacklisted for six months apparently.

Oh well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport