Help parcel USA to uk.

Options
Hello,

I ordered a parcel from the America to the UK. It was sent with tracking from USPS on June 12th. It's my first time to buy anything from the states.

I have been tracking it since it left and it was in London from the 16th June. Just checked it now and it's saying delivered. I don't have it. But I'm hoping I'm being an idiot and I've missed something and it's not really delivered. It's a lot of money to lose.

I honestly don't know what to do. I don't know who would have picked it up here or who to contact.

Please can anyone help?

Thank you.

Edit to add. It says. Parcel delivered at 5.08 am!

Comments

• mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,791 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    First of all you should check with the person who sent the parcel. Ask them to contact the courier and advise that the parcel says delivered but hasn't. As the sender of the parcel, they can get more information than you.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,221 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you tried putting the tracking number into Royal Mail's site to see if it is tracked there? It will be handled by someone else here - often RM but it could be a different company. Tracking can be more complete on the delivery company's site.

Have you asked neighbours if they've accepted it for you?

5.08 am could be the local US time for the sender - daytime here - so that's feasible.
  • Fisharefriendsnotfood
    Options
    Thank you. I've tried tracking it on RM and PF but neither recognise the number. I have contacted the seller, I'm sure she will reply when daytime there.
    All the time updates appear to be uk time since it arrived here however I can't be sure.
    I'm praying it's a silly thing and it will turn up!
  • Gleeful
    Gleeful Posts: 1,979 Forumite
    Options
    I have had this before and when it showed 'delivered' what it actually meant was that it had arrived at the local RM depot and there was a customs fee to pay. So you should get a card soon requesting you go and pay the fee :)
  • Fisharefriendsnotfood
    Options
    That's typical!! I've never bought anything abroad before but it's a very hard to find item so will just be glad to have it. Thank you. Shall update as and when I know x
  • Fisharefriendsnotfood
    Options
    Just an update.

I received a card from RM yesterday afternoon to say they couldn't deliver as there was a charge due.

Went and paid it collected parcel and it's now safely here. Only thing is I'm now not so sure I love it as much as I thought I would!!

Ahh well, it may grow on me :-)

Thank you for all your advice.
  • Krissy306
    Krissy306 Posts: 419 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Glad you got your item
    It's a nightmare the prices they charge for items abroad. And not cheap
    Either. It came as a shock to me when I ordered ale thing for £30 and had to pay £27 to collect it! Never again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure