cpp claim

Options
i am currenly filling in the letter to claim back the cpp on my account. Do I need to include all my staements if I am still with the same bank?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The deadline for the CPP compensation scheme was Aug 30 2014.
    Do I need to include all my staements if I am still with the same bank?

No. The bank will know in most cases and would normally ask you if you have information should they no longer hold the information.

However, the main issue for you is the deadline for sending in the claim was over 3 years ago.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    jonny_p wrote: »
    i am currenly filling in the letter to claim back the cpp on my account.
    You'll only be able to complain (not "claim") about CPP which you had before January 2005 and there are no guarantees you will be successful.

The post 2005 refund scheme ended more than three years ago, so if your complaint is about CPP post 2005 you are too late.
  • LMBS
    Options
    I totally forgot about my CPP Compensation Claim Form as I filled it in and didn't want to keep thinking about it - had to wait for a reply.
    That was on the 26th June 2014 - I know it's over 3 years ago!!
    BUT I did fill in the CARD PROTECTION COMPENSATION CLAIM FORM and sent my reply before the deadline 30th August 2014 - I have found all the letters and a copy of my claim.
    Why didn't I receive a letter of the outcome??
    I've tried the phone number on the letter but no longer in service.

Is there anything I can do or is it too late to ask why??
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    LMBS wrote: »
    Is there anything I can do or is it too late to ask why??
    The refund scheme was wound up three years ago.

The time to query why you had no acknowledgement was before the scheme ended, not years later.

Sorry.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport