Question re PIP atos assessment

Options

Comments

• NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My reaction is to wait. If you get the right result than maybe you can make a complaint. If it goes against you then it could form part of the appeal.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,489 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    job centre plus told me this week tthat I can apply for PIP if i receive DLA,

I would never advise somebody who is already in receipt of DLA to voluntarily apply for PIP. The qualifying criteria for PIP are much more severe in some areas so you have nothing to gain, and potentially a lot to lose by applying for PIP. Wait for them to send you the forms for PIP, at that stage you have no option.
  • pampam
    pampam Posts: 432 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Received the PA4 this morning.
    I am amazed to find that ,if I have read it properly, Joe has got 18 points!!
    I have checked online for the score figures and it looks like he will remain on the same rate as he had previously. (This is, of-course, as long as the decision maker agrees.)

I will let you all know what happens when we get the award letter.

I would like to thank all the people who commented on my thread for your support. It really helps to know that people will take time out of their day to give their views and tell of their own experiences. I wouldn't have known anything about the PA4 form with the help of "Muttleythefrog"

This forum is amazing and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.xx
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's great news!

I think it does demonstrate that it's usually worth waiting for the actual outcome. Quite often people feel it hasn't gone well but then it proves that the result is okay (I'm like that with interviews!)

Very pleased for you both
  • pampam
    Options
    Thank you Neil. Am I write in thinking that the scores of 18 points are a good indicator that the renewal should go through ok? Joe is still stressed out about it!
  • pampam
    Options
    sorry right not write!! lol
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sounds like good news but it's never 100% until a decision has been made. Mostly the DM goes with the report but it has been known to go against it.
  • Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,768 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes just catching up with this. Does sound likely an award will be coming then. It is true as suggested above that the assessment and report might conflict in the mind to claimant or supporter. On another thread someone reported a wonderfully interested HCP who took great time to investigate problems... that may imply they're new and professional.. and potentially won't last long doing the job due to internal pressures they're likely to face regarding outcomes and surely efficiency. Here they sounded as if they're so used to knocking out reports they didn't really care about the protocols or professionalism... seen it before... just want to get some basic facts and do my report for the money. Two extremely different approaches but in both cases it may not be obvious what the report will reflect. I was recently talking to someone who enquired about what these assessments are like... I replied 'well you know I've been interviewed by police a lot in the past right? Well... it's a bit like that except the police show interest in who you are, what you're saying and it's formally recorded so there can be little dispute as to what was said".
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • rockingbilly
    Options
    I was recently talking to someone who enquired about what these assessments are like... I replied 'well you know I've been interviewed by police a lot in the past right? Well... it's a bit like that except the police show interest in who you are, what you're saying and it's formally recorded so there can be little dispute as to what was said".

Surely one of the main differences between a police interview and a DWP assessment is that the police have to gather evidence to disprove what you say whereas the DWP assessment is there for the claimant to prove what they claim to be entitled to?
    Additionally you need say nothing in a police interview as it is their job to do the proving.
  • Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,768 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Surely one of the main differences between a police interview and a DWP assessment is that the police have to gather evidence to disprove what you say whereas the DWP assessment is there for the claimant to prove what they claim to be entitled to?
    Additionally you need say nothing in a police interview as it is their job to do the proving.
    Em not the police interviews I've been in... I was innocent! In both scenarios it was about them asking questions, me giving honest answers and hoping both would conclude the reality...lol
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure