Nationwide Current Account Payments In Question

Options
Can anyone tell me what time of the morning payments in to a Nationwide current account due on a Monday usually hit the account.

Comments

• alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Payments in can arrive throughout the day.

With Faster Payments the time of arrival will depend on the time that the payer sent the payment.
  • Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    jeanniej wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what time of the morning payments in to a Nationwide current account due on a Monday usually hit the account.

If you're talking wages, they should be there around 6AM. There's a few of us about to find out because wages due on a Monday would usually appear on Saturday. No longer, I believe.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • jeanniej
    jeanniej Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    It's my Carer's Allowance from DWP that I'm expecting on a Monday - I informed them of my new account straight away and the payment would normally be in today (Barclays - payments for Monday show Saturday) but isn't so looks likely OK for new account.

Just wondered the time in case I was up with my Father during the early hours (I usually am) and might have checked.
  • le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Options
    Generally after midnight on Sunday.
  • Sparx
    Sparx Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If it's an automated payment (e.g. wages) due in then I find my wages are available just after midnight.

For example if I check my app internet banking minutes after midnight the funds are not there just yet. But if I wait until 00:10 - 00:30am they have been credited and available.
  • Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    jeanniej wrote: »
    It's my Carer's Allowance from DWP that I'm expecting on a Monday - I informed them of my new account straight away and the payment would normally be in today (Barclays - payments for Monday show Saturday) but isn't so looks likely OK for new account.

Just wondered the time in case I was up with my Father during the early hours (I usually am) and might have checked.
    This was the point I was making, Monday payments will no longer appear on a Saturday.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,041 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you're talking wages, they should be there around 6AM. There's a few of us about to find out because wages due on a Monday would usually appear on Saturday. No longer, I believe.

Wages due on a Monday never did appear on Saturday with Nationwide, they only ever appeared on Monday. You're confusing them with NatWest/RBS or Barclays.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure