Legal requirements for biscuit making

Options
Hi,
I need a bit of help. I am a craft trader. I sew and paint and have a market insurance to cover such goods.
However, I do great biscuits for Christmas, and I want to add some to my stall. I am having trouble to find out the legal requirements.
Do I need my kitchen checked by somebody? And who do I in that case contact?
I would be very grateful for any advice,
thanks

Comments

• Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Your local Environmental Health people will give you all the info you need, also read this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4366963
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • InsideInsurance
    Options
    EH at your local council.

The Mrs looked into doing something similar and was surprised at how helpful the council actually was.
  • crafty_mum
    Options
    Thanks four your reply. for reference, i called my council EH, and they sent me lots of papers within the hour!
    I am so grateful. Now I can finally move forward :-)
  • trailingspouse
    Options
    You also need to get Products Liability insurance, just in case. Not expensive.

And a food hygiene course wouldn't be a bad idea.
    No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...
  • InsideInsurance
    Options
    You also need to get Products Liability insurance, just in case. Not expensive.

Some Public Liability policies include Products cover too, worth checking what you already have before going off any buying something else.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure