Experian Online Credit Report

Options
2»

Comments

• JasonW_2
    JasonW_2 Posts: 705 Forumite
    Options
    I agree, I was stunned that there were so many mistakes and inaccuracies in my report. No way was I going to pay for this so I cancelled at the end of the free trial. There were glaring differences between equifax and experian, with some accounts not showing as settled on one report, wrong credit limits showing, and current balance, stuff like that. Of course, they blamed the company who put the info there, but it is a joke that lenders use this info to form a decision, and you place trust in them to get it right. If they decline you, and you try somewhere else without checking your report, it looks even worse to the next lender you try. Realistically though, I know you shouldnt just keep applying til you get accepted, but you see my point. It could take a good 6 weeks to get the report, query any incorrect info and get it amended, but by then, you still have a couple of searches on your account that you just hope the next lender is happy to ignore!

Naturally, we need some form of history on people especially with the amount of debt and fraud this country has, but people with decent history can still get turned away cos of this dodgy data. A database is only as good as the source, and it is the usual case of rubbish in, bullsh*t out :rolleyes:

edit: I havent got my report from callcredit yet, Im not sure which companies actually use them! I honestly dont think we need another agency though, cos that is just asking for trouble. They should sort out the other two first.

JW
  • Cardinal-Red
    Options
    I have a CIFAS alert on one (Equifax) but not the other.

The main difference though is the presence or otherwise of account info - if you looked at my Experian report it would look like I had a current account, a Barlcaycard and Virgin card.

My Equifax report tells a different story ;)
    The above facts belong to everybody; the opinions belong to me; the distinction is yours to draw...
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I got my activation code about a week after applying, got into it with no trouble at all, the problem I have is that I can't make head or tail of what it all means :(
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I eventually got an email from someone at credit expert, they cleared my original application and it's working at last.
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • 100mel
    100mel Posts: 124 Forumite
    Options
    I am using the online service from Experian and have found it very good. My card was not charged until end of trial period and they have been very good in helping me with notices of correction as I have a completed IVA. I found that the information on Experian and Equifax was vastly different and almost all wrong. It is taking a long time to clear up but at least can check on a regular basis. I have also found it useful to be able to print out and give to any potential lender with notes
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure