PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Monday 10 July 2017

Options

Comments

• TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Aw lovely news SPEKY. Congratulations all round! Have we a name yet xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning
    Thunder storm promised, but at the moment very hot and sunny, fingers crossed for rain.
    All gooseberries now harvested and in the freezer along with most of the plums.
    Only had to buy cucumber as salad and tomatoes in abundance.
    Will pick a few beetroot to go with todays lunch. Love it when you can just go into the garden and pick what we need. Courgettes going a bit mad, will be marrows if I not careful :eek:

Judi hope all goes well with mental health worker.

Hope you all have a good day
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

My brother had a baby in the early hours of this morning, so I'm now an Uncle for the first time. 6lb 11oz.
    Congratulations! So pleased for you all.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Another lovely sunny morning, bed linen in the washer, have taken the electric blanket off until the autumn, also the mattress topper is in for a shock, its going in the washer when the bed linen is finished. OH is going to help me turn the mattress, we cannot turn it over, its not that type of mattress, just needs turning head to toe. Its not been done since we moved here.......

yesterdays Presidents Day at the bowls club was very nice, unfortunately the President was not there, he had a nasty fall and has been in hospital so the Vice President did the honours. OH was very warmly welcomed as an ex member.

70 people sat down to a celebration tea which was very nice, birthday cake was delicious. So now they start on their 101st year.

Its sunny but there is a coolness in the air, it was quite hot in bits yesterday, but there was a breeze, I still managed to catch the sun on my left arm a bit despite the factor 50.

Right time to get the butt into gear and get on, I want to steam clean the wet room floor after we have sorted the bed and I have put the little Dyson over the mattress.
  • lonewhitewolf
    Options
    Morning all x
    Well DW emptied and WM on for 2nd time first load on line just hope it drys before the promised rain.
    Squeaky congrats x
    Yesterday was really nice. Had DD1 and DGD round for day and ended up having a bbq. DGD has DH wrapped round her little finger as what ever she wants she gets. She decided she wanted her paddle pool out and he dutifully blew it up and filled it and spent the next hour getting soaking wet lol.
    Had 2 panic attacks this weekend lucky I was with DH and he knows just how to bring me out of them as they were both in town.
    Today is a housework day as the house was trashed yesterday and nothing got done.
    Dinner will be a freezer dive with salad and jacket spuds.
    Anyhoo best get on
    Hugs to all in need xx
    Bright Blessings xx
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning from a rain free (so far) Gers Towers. There's low mist over the sea so it all looks rather dramatic.

I've been up for a couple of hours just pottering around picking up this, putting away that, wondering what to do with the other. Now I'm downstairs it'll be more of the same.

There's some printing out of student's work to be done so I'll go into the village and do that the centre. The whole process with this particular colleague is so frustrating as he hardly ever replies to emails, this now means that his cohort will probably fail. Not fair on them.

Anyhoo - I'll get some air and perhaps a smidgen of sun on me. I finished my last book and so will start on a new one - there's two large piles in the main bedroom and another two smaller ones in the spare bedroom to get through.

My new will arrived on Saturday, at least my copy of it, so that needs stashed in the 'important bits of paper' file. Another thing ticked off the to-do list.

Right, I'm off to make a cake for the lovely reception staff at my college, they do a grand job of looking after me, keeping me on the right track and doing things for me. Well, not just me but I appreciate them a lot.

Happy Monday everyone.
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Aw lovely news SPEKY. Congratulations all round! Have we a name yet xx

Oh, yes. Forgot to mention. Willow is her name. I was unsure to begin with but I'm warming to it now.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

I slept like a log last night after seven days at work, its all getting too much for me I need to start slowing down a bit.

Day off today :j as has dd so we are off for girly day out with a bit of shopping and lunch out, neither of us are very good at shopping and both get fed up after an hour or so :D so we wont be late back, hopefully have time to watch a film this afternoon.

I might nip into M & S while out and see of they have any ys bargains.

Chicken for dinner and dd said she will do summer in winter chicken which will be nice.

Specky what lovely news, you can be her cool uncle when she is growing up :D

Have good days all xx
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

My brother had a baby in the early hours of this morning, so I'm now an Uncle for the first time. 6lb 11oz. Everyone is well.

Congratulations on becoming an uncle Specky :)
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone, thanks to nmlc for starting the thread and hugs to anyone that needs one.
    Congratulations Uncle Speky :D

It's actually not raining here but far from warm & sunny.
    I started my new meds earlier and they seem to have given me a headache which checking the leaflet is common at first:(. (Seems ironic that a migraine-preventative gives you a headache ;)) I'm hoping a couple of mugs of tea kick it into touch and I can maybe get some gardening done later.:)

I think I've killed my peace lily accidently over-watering it. I'm great with outdoor plants but rubbish with house ones. I hoped letting it drain & dry out might rescue it but no sign of perking up so far, I'll give it a few days and see. I got given a bouquet of flowers 2 weeks ago, they were from Morrisons and although some have gone over most are still fab, I'll tidy the vase up and hopefully I'll get another couple of weeks from them. I was surprised as they were mainly roses which I find don't always last well so they have been really good value:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure