Dreaming of a life after debt

Options

Comments

• Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi

I have all my tidying for today done. I started at 11.30 this morning thinking it would be done in no time but that is me just finished:o. I'm going to sit down with a cup of tea & read a book for a bit.

I have everything ready for work tomorrow and hopefully it will be an easy day. I'm going to spend a wee bit of time on Swagbucks and then do nothing. :D
    Munchin wrote: »
    • [STRIKE]Clean out bathroom[/STRIKE] - 75% done - OH says he will finish tmw.
    • [STRIKE]Hoover & mop hall[/STRIKE] - OH fixed hoover :)
    • [STRIKE]Wash out fridge[/STRIKE] - I think there were cures or medical marvels in that fridge..gross ..:o
    • [STRIKE]Tidy & mop kitchen[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Hoover living room[/STRIKE].
  • Munchin
    Options
    Morning

I decided to get a slightly later train this morning as it is the last day before our public holidays and I'm probably one of a few in work today so there is no point in rushing.

I was walking into work yesterday from the train station and construction work is being done at a building near us and they have put up a temporary wooden structure to let people enter the building in safety. There were 3 homeless people sleeping in sleeping bags under the structure as it was dry. A few years ago you wouldn't have seen homelessness so openly in Belfast. I'm going to make regular donations to the Trussel trust. I did donate in the past but not regularly. Yes I have debt but it is manageable and I have a roof over my head and am quite comfortable. I want to clear my debt and build up an emergency fund because you never know what is ahead of you.

Debt -I decided to move £400 out of my emergency fund to my car loan to bring it down into the next category :D. I do want to build up my emergency fund but I want my debt gone even more. I can't wait until I get to say I'm in the £2k category then 1 then none:D.

Money

Purse - £22.52
    Entertainment -£31.30
    Groceries - £35.24

Surveys & Voucher

Swagbucks - 362 SB
    Topcashback -£1.93 Payable, £27.78 Confirmed & £9.88 Pending
    Amazon - £5 Swagbucks & £3.93
    Next - £20
  • Chandelier.
    Chandelier. Posts: 933 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    All sounds good Munchin. I know what you mean in regards to making a payment to get into the next bracket. I do this often ;).

It's great that you'll donate to the Trussell trust- am I right in thinking that's the food bank?

We donate to our local soup kitchen which has done a lot for people over the past two years. Both adults and children use the soup kitchen for all meals and it's run totally voluntarily. Hats off to them guys.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    All looking good :D Have a lovely day x
  • Munchin
    edited 12 July 2017 at 6:11PM
    Options
    Hi Chandelier & Hidden,

Thanks for your comments :). Yes the Trussell trust is the UK foodbank network (400 foodbanks) but there isn't a local one near me so I have sent them a payment today and said that I want to donate monthly so they should be in touch soon. It is hard to believe that foodbanks are now a necessity in this day and age. All credit to those who volunteer in the homeless shelters and foodbanks.

Money - I had a few wee spends today as I had a 50th birthday pressie to get for a friend ....and a bar of chocolate fell into my bag for myself :o. £12.15 pressie & £1 me:D. Thankfully that is the end of pressies for July.

I had a look at Free postcode lottery & swagbucks but it is so slow. I'm going to have a nosy at the Competition board to see if I have any luck.

We got let out of work a wee bit early so feet up early.

Plans tmw -
    • [STRIKE]dig out weeds
      [/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]cut hedge
      [/STRIKE]
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Do you do Prolific? by far the best survey site. Look at the up your income board for the alerts thread/referral post :)
  • Munchin
    Options
    Thanks Hidden - I will go have a look at it now :)
  • Munchin
    edited 12 July 2017 at 6:24PM
    Options
    Update

Money

Purse - £54.49 (lifted £50 from bank)
    Entertainment -£31.30
    Groceries - £33.06

Surveys & Voucher

Swagbucks - 516 SB (800SB = £5 paypal)
    Receipt Hog - 1358 coins (1500 coins = £5/ 2850 coins = £10/ 5300 coins = £20/12000 coins = £50)

Topcashback -£1.93 Payable, £27.78 Confirmed & £9.88 Pending
    Prolific - £0
    Ipsos - £0
    Amazon - £8.93
    Next - £20
  • Munchin
    Options
    Hi all,

I was semi productive today - I tackled the massive hedge round my Mum's and weeded round my own place. I'm a bit pink as it was such a gorgeous day.

I picked up nephew from his summer scheme & we HAD to stop for chocs & ice cream :o. I blame the child..... We then played tennis in the afternoon....until my dog took the ball and wouldn't come out from under the car but by that stage the child was thrashing me and I was sweaty & tired.

I had a Swagbucks success with a 75SB survey...I usually get timed out early for most surveys but I'm on a role at the minute.

Dinner is in the oven ....& I have a glass of wine. Perfect end to the day.....but I might dip back into the Swagbucks for a bit :)
  • Munchin
    Options
    Morning :)

I just wrote a long post and lost it...:(.

I'm waiting for OH to drag himself out of bed because we're going for a wee day out & a picnic. Yesterday was gorgeous and sunny but today looks cloudy and rain is expected but I will just take clothes for every season.

Shopping - confession time - I had a slot in the Next sale and have ordered about £80 worth of clothes but I'm not counting it as spends because if I stick true to form I will return 90% - 100% of the clothes because of at least 1 of the following reasons - hideous/don't fit/what was I thinking of/conscience....

I'm just watched 'Right on the Money' and thankfully the money tips they are mentioning are things I've already embraced apart from the odd blip here and there.

I don't have many plans today. I had a few turns on Swagbucks but the surveys either threw me out or they are really slow and I don't have the patience. I'm on to 'Homes Under the Hammer', if OH doesn't appear soon I'm going to turn the hoover on and clean close to the bedroom door :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure