John Lewis card on Apple Pay

Options
Last I read , I think on the John Lewis page on Facebook, was that the support for Apple Pay for the John Lewis Partnership card was 'early in the new year'. I realise it's only January 15th so I'm not getting too excited yet(!) but has anyone spoken with them recently regarding this? Finally got my replacement contactless card in December, but it would really like the card in Apple Pay for convenience.

Comments

• Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do you have a link?

Last I saw there was a reply to a comment on the facebook page from John Lewis:
    John Lewis Hi David, we don't have any updates at the moment. The project team are still reviewing this and any changes or new introductions will be shared on our website ~ Tricia
    https://www.facebook.com/JohnLewisRetail/posts/938372922852233
  • mikey_uk
    Options
    Anthorn wrote: »
    Do you have a link?

Last I saw there was a reply to a comment on the facebook page from John Lewis:
    That's the one I was referring to; John Lewis were saying late 2016/early 2017 and haven't changed their position in anything written that I've seen. I wondered if anyone in the forum had spoken to them on the phone.
  • speedyrite
    Options
    Response on 19/12/2016 via secure message to my enquiry about this:

"I can confirm that we are planning to support Apple Pay in the future. We are still currently working on this and have not yet got a time frame of when we expect this to available. If there is any news in regards to the release of the Apple Pay feature you will be notified. If there are any other queries you may have, please do not hesitate to contact us further at John Lewis Financial Services."

Pretty much the same as what they said not long after Apple Pay first launched in the UK back in July 2015.
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I'll be honest I'm surprised John Lewis Financial Services haven't enabled qualifying credit cards to be used on Apple Pay given their cards are underwritten by HSBC...
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • JMTaylor
    Options
    Any idea why we can put the My John Lewis Card into our apple wallet but we are still unable to put our credit cards into Apple Pay???
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Because one is a membership card from JLP and the other is a credit card from HSBC.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Depends if the card is contactless or not. Strictly speaking cards don't actually have to be contactless to add to Apple Pay but do need to be contactless to use that card with Apple Pay at contactless terminals. A sorry state of affairs. That's my experience anyway.

Back to John Lewis Partnership Card, still no mobile app and some people including myself still don't have the contactless card with John Lewis sticking to their "When the existing card expires" statement even when a contactless card is requested. My card expires in 18 months lol.
    When will I get a contactless card?

All new Partnership Cards are contactless. Existing cardholders will automatically receive a new contactless card when their existing card is due to expire or needs to be replaced.
    https://www.johnlewisfinance.com/partnership-card/faqs.html#question-3

Overall, BAD!
  • SleepyShores
    Options
    <<some people including myself still don't have the contactless card with John Lewis sticking to their "When the existing card expires" statement even when a contactless card is requested. My card expires in 18 months lol.>>

Not my experience! The contactless cards were launched shortly after my partnership card had been renewed, but I asked nicely and got a replacement with the contactless function in a few days. As I recall, I did this by submitting an question via their website and the helpful reply was along the lines "thanks for your question - your card is in the post".
  • Rosenhaus
    Options
    Apple Pay now live with Partnership Card....at last

https://www.johnlewisfinance.com/partnership-card/apple-pay.html
  • mikey_uk
    Options
    Rosenhaus wrote: »
    Apple Pay now live with Partnership Card....at last
    Excellent!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories