Amazon Flex deliveries

Options
2»

Comments

• mac.d
    mac.d Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If using Prime Now (which I assume this is about) then the user tips on-line when ordering, automatically set to £2 but you can change this to any amount or nothing if you so wish.
    Thanks, that makes more sense now. I was wondering why people would be tipping a standard Amazon parcel delivery :D
  • RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    WAT THE HELL!!

Is that new or have i been tipping without knowing? Im going to check

Sorry but Amzon is big enough to pay their staff properly instead of relying on me.

It's only on Prime Now and is quite clearly stated at the checkout.

I do tip, especially when ordering on a Sunday evening when ordering drink and snacks which I thought I didn't really want when shopping ;).
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    WAT THE HELL!!

Is that new or have i been tipping without knowing? Im going to check

Sorry but Amzon is big enough to pay their staff properly instead of relying on me.

You have more to worry about than Amazons carriers if you wouldnt notice every order being £2 more.
  • xapprenticex
    Options
    It's only on Prime Now and is quite clearly stated at the checkout.

I do tip, especially when ordering on a Sunday evening when ordering drink and snacks which I thought I didn't really want when shopping ;).

Gotta tip for them munchies ;) (ill assume your munchies are not induced by... something)

custardy wrote: »
    You have more to worry about than Amazons carriers if you wouldnt notice every order being £2 more.

The 'worry' was the thought of stealth tips courtesy of amazon, not the carriers.

I probably wouldn't notice £2, which is why id expect places like Amazon to be very clear in what they are doing. But yeah, if you cloned my debit card, as long as you kept your spending (thanks to contactless) to less than a fiver a day, you may get away with it for a while.

Anyway, im off to check my online statement, goodnight.
  • custardy
    Options
    Gotta tip for them munchies ;) (ill assume your munchies are not induced by... something)

The 'worry' was the thought of stealth tips courtesy of amazon, not the carriers.

I probably wouldn't notice £2, which is why id expect places like Amazon to be very clear in what they are doing. But yeah, if you cloned my debit card, as long as you kept your spending (thanks to contactless) to less than a fiver a day, you may get away with it for a while.

Anyway, im off to check my online statement, goodnight.

So when you purchase from Amazon you dont check the total tallies with the items you chose?
    The 'carriers' are Amazons own carriers via Prime Now. Do you understand the difference?
  • xapprenticex
    xapprenticex Posts: 1,760 Forumite
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    So when you purchase from Amazon you dont check the total tallies with the items you chose?
    The 'carriers' are Amazons own carriers via Prime Now. Do you understand the difference?

On occasion, maybe, depends. The carrier thing was understood a while back, its the very reason why i said Amazon should pay them better.
  • TyreLever
    TyreLever Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    haxor wrote: »
    Don't do it mate,I work for amazon and trust me that i see delivery driver getting treated like criminals,avoid if you can.

What is involved working for them? Are Amazon as bad as Deliveroo and Sports Direct? I heard they are a bunch of !!!!!!. I did see a documentary on how the driver are treated, I presume all their staff are abused too.
    Sometimes my advice may not be great, but I'm not perfect and I do try my best. Please take this into account.
  • custardy
    edited 19 October 2017 at 8:32AM
    Options
    On occasion, maybe, depends. The carrier thing was understood a while back, its the very reason why i said Amazon should pay them better.

So now we are delving through the mists.
    Do you understand it relates to Prime now only?

prime_now.png

Its pretty clearly laid out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family