Mutual NDA and personnel

Options
carlsagen
carlsagen Posts: 120 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
edited 25 January 2018 at 6:48PM in Small biz MoneySaving
Hello. I have a small business and do ad-hoc contract work for a much bigger company. This work is low value and sporadic so I'm not too bothered for it. We have a mutual NDA that covers 'confidential information'.

A couple of sales staff of the larger company have approached me asking if we have any job vacancies.

Im looking to grow and taking on one sales person with a good track record would help me realise this growth.

However im not sure if the NDA would prevent me from doing so or if im confusing it with just information NDA which wouldn't be disclosed beyond our two parties rather than a non-compete? or if it still creates a conflict in terms of the NDA.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• sjbrun
    sjbrun Posts: 470 Forumite
    Options
    If you upset the other company they could stop giving you contract work. It depends how much you value your relationship with them.

You could always be upfront and ask them the question directly.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I suspect it also depends whether there is a clause in their employment contracts which prevents them working for a competitor for a certain length of time / within a certain geographical area. There will almost certainly be something about not taking data with them ...
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • carlsagen
    carlsagen Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    I suspect it also depends whether there is a clause in their employment contracts which prevents them working for a competitor for a certain length of time / within a certain geographical area. There will almost certainly be something about not taking data with them ...

That is perhaps more likely, but maybe probably harder to enforce.

Like I said, I wouldn't be too bothered about the work. its less than 1% of turnover.

Its more if the NDA has anything to do with employing staff who leave.
  • trailingspouse
    Options
    What does the NDA say?

No NDA that I've ever signed has had any mention of employing or not employing ex-employees of the company I have the NDA with. But the only way to know for sure is to read it.
    No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure