Ebay down detector

Options

Comments

• Brywalker
    Brywalker Posts: 319 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I truly can't understand this. There are similar posts on the ebay forums about the site running slow but my sales have never stalled and yesterday was a very good day for sales. Weird.
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Brywalker wrote: »
    I truly can't understand this. There are similar posts on the ebay forums about the site running slow but my sales have never stalled and yesterday was a very good day for sales. Weird.

There may be a common denominator - Virgin Media. Some people are speculating that there is a problem between Virgin and EBay. I am using Virgin, but surely not all the buyers are
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There may be a common denominator - Virgin Media. Some people are speculating that there is a problem between Virgin and EBay. I am using Virgin, but surely not all the buyers are

Ah, I'm also on Virgin.

About 6 weeks ago I bought a new PC purely because eBay wouldn't load at all and my whole PC would stick. My new PC runs very well, except for eBay, most of the time I could go and make a cup of tea while I wait for pages to load..so perhaps it isn't me!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have seen there are various posts about ebay and virgin, but I have to say on BT it's not much better. I've tried listing new stock today and I'm getting a 45-60 second hang between pages.
  • charlies_mum
    Options
    I think the delay is due to "eBay long script running" but there's no way to disable it
  • soolin
    Options
    I think the delay is due to "eBay long script running" but there's no way to disable it

On Firefox I get a warning every time I change page in ebay saying I can't progress due to a long running script- I've got so used to it I am ready to click 'stop running' each time without even thinking about it. Strangely I don't get it on 'Edge' but in Edge ebay runs even slower.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'm on Virgin and managed to purchase a BIN this afternoon, so hopefully it's not affecting buyers. That said it made me change my password (said the one I was entering was wrong and it was definitely correct.)
  • charlies_mum
    Options
    Big orange dot over the uk again this morning. This is rediculous, what are we paying eBay for ?
  • soolin
    edited 18 March 2017 at 10:20AM
    Options
    Big orange dot over the uk again this morning. This is rediculous, what are we paying eBay for ?

I'm sitting here waiting and twiddling my thumbs trying to counter offer on a BIN, but am struggling to load the page........

EDIT: I'm glad I was patient and waited to see the feedback left by the bidder making the offer - over 75% of feedback left has been negs and neutrals 'too big' 'too small' 'rude seller' 'arrived late' 'don't like it' 'not what I wanted'. Sorry, offer declined and buyer blocked.
  • charlies_mum
    edited 18 March 2017 at 10:52AM
    Options
    Some people are saying that they have downloaded Opera and using the VPN mode clears the loading problems. It also has a built in ad blocker, so off to have a look at it

EDIT. Downloaded Opera, and eBay much faster now. However, Amazon doesn't like it and refers me back to Chrome Firefox, IE and Safari.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport