IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Time Limits

Options
Could I ask a simple question please?

Today is day 43 from when I sent the appeal to the parking company. Today is day 40 from when the parking company admit to receiving the appeal.

In this intervening period the parking company needed further info from me which was sent to then by return of post.

What is the time limit where the parking company MUST either refuse the appeal or cancel the Parking Notice?

I have received neither.

Today I have spoken to the parking company on the phone and they deny receiving the further info even though I have proof of postage. They say that the clock was reset when they asked for the info.
I also telephoned the BPA today and sent them copies of all correspondence and they said that they will chase up their member to get a POPLA code or get them to cancel the ticket.

Are they too late now to carry on trying to get the Registered Keeper to cough up? What happens if I get a POPLA code after all of this delay?

Comments

• Captain_Krunch
    Options
    35 days from when you sent the appeal.
    Why did you call them?
    Which company of losers is it?
    You should send them something like

Unfortunately as you did not accept or reject my challenge sent on the xxxx within 35 days as required in the BPA code of practice you have forfeited the right to pursue me for this charge.
    The matter is now closed.
  • billywilly
    billywilly Posts: 468 Forumite
    Options
    35 days from when you sent the appeal.
    Why did you call them?
    Which company of losers is it?
    You should send them something like

Unfortunately as you did not accept or reject my challenge sent on the xxxx within 35 days as required in the BPA code of practice you have forfeited the right to pursue me for this charge.
    The matter is now closed.

Because I don't appreciate people ignoring letters that I have spent time on being ignored.
    The reply to the extra info they wanted was dated 27th March and I expected a reply within 4 weeks.
    Surely they are obliged to either notify me that the charge has been cancelled or tell me that the appeal has been refused?
    I haven't caused myself a problem by inviting them through the BPA to let me know one way or another preferably by giving me a POPLA code?
    It is an outfit called Horizon.
    Thanks for your note. If I don't hear from them or the BPA within say 14 days, I'll send them that in a letter.
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,688 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You should make all communication in writing (with associated BPA/DVLA complaints), because nothing useful will happen over the phone.
  • billywilly
    Options
    Herzlos wrote: »
    You should make all communication in writing (with associated BPA/DVLA complaints), because nothing useful will happen over the phone.

I now have done. I sent a copies of all correspondence to the BPA last night via email.
    I also sent a letter to the BPA via 1st class postage and obtained 'proof of posting' this morning. That letter demanded that they contact their member to either cancel the charge or give me a POPLA code within 14 days, preferably a POPLA code so that I can take the appeal further.
    I also sent Horizon a letter by 1st class post (pop) demanding a reply to (a) my original appeal (16/3/15) as well as a full reply to my subsequent letter (27/3/15).

As has been confirmed they should have dealt with my appeal by day 35, which would have been the 20th April.
  • billywilly
    Options
    Well this morning brought a letter from the BPA.
    Please be advised the operator should have responded to you within 35 days of the appeal being received. As they have not done this, I will investigate with Horizon Parking.
    I note your request that if your appeal is refused you require the appeal to heard by the independent authority. In that case I will ensure that this is complied with.
    Thank you for contacting us and bringing this matter to our attention. we can only ensure that the operator follows our Code of Practice.
    Kind regards
    AOS Investigations Team

Seems that I have managed to get things moving - even though it is now 46 days and counting since the appeal was lodged.
    I do hate it when people/businesses just ignore me especially when I go to the trouble to write a letter and ask for a reply.
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    billywilly wrote: »
    Surely they are obliged to either notify me that the charge has been cancelled or tell me that the appeal has been refused?

Unfortunately this assumes you're dealing with rational, intelligent people - such people are a rarity in PPC-land.
  • billywilly
    Options
    bod1467 wrote: »
    Unfortunately this assumes you're dealing with rational, intelligent people - such people are a rarity in PPC-land.

well the postman brought another two letters this morning One from Sainsburys saying that THEY had arranged for the charge to be cancelled and another from Horizon that said that THEY had cancelled the charge in view of the evidence (didn't send them anything!) that they had received from me together with the matters that I had brought up in the appeal letter.

So who did what I have no idea. But it is cancelled at last. Thanks for the advice given to me from you all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure