Free2collect - Please place all posts here (merged)

Options
hi..... came across this web site.... https://www.free2collect.co.uk ....it is a site where people advertise unwanted items which are free to collecter even though it looks as though it is national, most of the ads are mainly in the london...sussex.....essex....area....hope this web site might be of interest to a few of you who are addicted to this forum like i am.........regards..........cooltrikerchick............. :hello:
Work to live= not live to work

Comments

• rizla01
    rizla01 Posts: 7,256 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Go Here

You have to register but there are a lot of freebies on here.

A little like freecycle but much more.

Have a look.

Haven't studied it fully but what dya think?
    "Unhappiness is not knowing what we want, and killing ourselves to get it."
    Post Count: 4,111 Thanked 3,111 Times in 1,111 Posts (Actual figures as they once were))
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    its a new site, its only been going about 6 months, sites like this can be very usefull, for both parties, :hello:
  • Poppycat
    Poppycat Posts: 19,913 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    shame they cant sub divide Yorkshire being the biggest county.
  • Rex_Mundi
    Rex_Mundi Posts: 6,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Poppycat wrote:
    shame they cant sub divide Yorkshire being the biggest county.

Try Freecycle for this.

It's exactly the same idea, but a much bigger membership. They have groups all over the country. I regularly see a lot of really good items being offered on my local groups (I'm in two) free for anyone that collects.
    How many surrealists does it take to change a lightbulb?
    Fish
  • fabwitch_2
    fabwitch_2 Posts: 1,756 Forumite
    Options
    Great site, thanks for that
    Competitions wins 2010

LG Cookie Fresh Mobile with £50 credit, Kiss 100 on FB
    .:j
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    it might be worth visiting this site regular, as its fairly new, its only going to get bigger, you never know what free items are going to be posted i know i am looking for a fridge, so fingers crossed....... :wave:
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    hi...starbuck......glad this site was of use to you...great time of the year to get a free greenhouse....great for the free seeds you can get on some of the threads........

that is how i had my greenhouse...i advertised as wanted ..and i got...10 x 8

i love these sites, as it is recycling, and also your not spending money...and you are doing the person giving it away a favour as well.... so everyone is a winner ...except the shops......

lets hope this site, and others like it.....can get the support they need.......

still looking for a fridge...... :dance:
  • Rex_Mundi
    Rex_Mundi Posts: 6,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I find far more local offers through https://www.freecycle.org

The thing that concerns me about the free2collect site is the lack of privacy policy. To apply for an item, you have to give your email address. Any site in the UK MUST publish a privacy policy if they want ANY personal info such as an email address. There is no privacy policy on this site, just a couple of lines mentioning privacy. This does not constitute a proper policy, and as such this site is acting illegally under UK law.

I would advise all members to be very wary of entering any info onto a site that doesn't have a proper privacy policy telling you exactly what your info is used for.
    How many surrealists does it take to change a lightbulb?
    Fish
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    hi.. i think that the info is for contact to be made..this is a fairly new site, and as you can see it is very basic..maybe over the coming months, when it does get more people interested etc, then there will be more items in your area free to collect...give it a chance rome wasnt build in a day.....as the saying goes....i should imagine if anybody got any questions or ideas about improving the site...they would only be to happy to hear from people....
    to make it clear, i want to promote all such sites which are doing the enviroment some good, plus its free.....but thanks for your comments, but most of the freebies you send for you have to give email and home adress,
    there is nothin in my area in this site either, ........ :hello:
  • dimonddave
    Options
    many thanks

dave
    If you notice this notice,you'll notice, it's not worth noticing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing