PIP awarded - is payment backdated?

Options
13»

Comments

• Ghjl
    Ghjl Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    Hi can anyone help me please I applied for pip at the start of October 2016 and I went for my fave to face assessment on the 9th december 2016. I then got a letter on the 16th December 2016 saying I have been awarded the standard rate daily living of £55.10 a week and I got the enhanced rate mobility of £57.45 a week then this it what it says on the letter (we will pay £112 into my account on 22 December 2016 this is the money they owe me from 9th December to 15th December (which I did recieve) we will then pay your benefit into your account every 4 week in arrears on a Friday) does this mean I will get paid 4 weeks money on the 13th January 2016 and will I get backdated money from October from when i first made my claim it is confusing me I've read online that I will get backdated and some others say I won't. If I do get backdated when will it be please
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Ghjl wrote: »
    Hi can anyone help me please I applied for pip at the start of October 2016 and I went for my fave to face assessment on the 9th december 2016. I then got a letter on the 16th December 2016 saying I have been awarded the standard rate daily living of £55.10 a week and I got the enhanced rate mobility of £57.45 a week then this it what it says on the letter (we will pay £112 into my account on 22 December 2016 this is the money they owe me from 9th December to 15th December (which I did recieve) we will then pay your benefit into your account every 4 week in arrears on a Friday) does this mean I will get paid 4 weeks money on the 13th January 2016 and will I get backdated money from October from when i first made my claim it is confusing me I've read online that I will get backdated and some others say I won't. If I do get backdated when will it be please
    It's always better if you start your own post instead of adding onto someone elses that was started a couple of months ago, but i'll answer you here now. If you were on DLA before PIP then there's no back dated money to be paid. If you weren't then you should be back dated it to when you first applied. Although it looks like you've already been paid some money from 9th-15 December. Yes your next payment would be 13th January.
  • Ghjl
    Ghjl Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    Ok thanks I've made a new thread
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business