How can future lodger pay deposit using smartphone.

HappySad
HappySad Posts: 2,021 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
Is it quite easy with mobile banking for my future lodger to pay me their deposit?

I want to allow the future lodger to pay the deposit there and then to reserve the room. All I provide is my bank account details. I have looked at PayPal and it needs the lodger to be registered in PayPal which they might want to be register with them.

Ideally I want to send a request to the lodger and they enter their card details to pay. Or I give my bank details and they pay that way. I have a smartphone.

“…the ‘insatiability doctrine – we spend money we don’t have, on things we don’t need, to make impressions that don’t last, on people we don’t care about.” Professor Tim Jackson

“The best things in life is not things"

Comments

• 19lottie82
    19lottie82 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If you both have mobile banking, all you need to do is provide your bank details. The other party then adds you as a recipient to send money to. This usually involves an automated phone call to them for some security validation, then they are free to transfer you the £ using their mobile banking.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Is it possible to add recipients using mobile banking? In my experience you can only make payments to existing payees. Even if the payment is made by phone some banks delay the initial payment.

Perhaps PAYM may be a solution.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport