Comments

• Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 30 November 2017 at 1:11AM
    Options
    Vs S
    1x ASDA Macaroni Cheese (395g) £0.45 £0.39

EDIT: Careful - Macaroni Cheese (400g) now saying 55p on sains.co.uk - I thought they were cheaper before but had gone up, interested to see them comparing against 39p but it looks like this will only work until the system updates at 6am, so it needs shopping overnight this morning:( - it seems S has gone back up again. EDIT 2: Maybe a little longer - competitors' prices are normally obtained "by midday". I think forget it to be honest:rotfl::rotfl: - hope S goes back to lower price again soon.

No use buying SP Chocolate Chip Cookies against M right now and hoping for a weight adjustment price:
    1x ASDA Smart Price Chocolate Chip Cookies (250g) £0.40 N/A:(

They are comparing vs straight 40p at T:
    1x ASDA Smart Price Chocolate Chip Cookies (250g) £0.40 £0.40

Obviously avoid Sains. on that one as it is the worst comp.:rotfl:
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    How did you manage 10 shops, did you just take 10 items to the self checkout, or in and out of store?

I just stood at the SS till in T - scanned item, Pay, Open parcel. Scan, item, Pay, Open parcel. Etc.

It was straightforward enough once I got it working (and quiet at this time of night, so no chuntering from others while holding the queue up :D).

Anon
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    I just stood at the SS till in T - scanned item, Pay, Open parcel. Scan, item, Pay, Open parcel. Etc.

It was straightforward enough once I got it working (and quiet at this time of night, so no chuntering from others while holding the queue up :D).

Anon

:rotfl: I think I would feel crap standing there 10 mins buying 20p items. You have to leave a minute between shops dont you?
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 30 November 2017 at 1:39AM
    Options
    Mullers still working.

9 items on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda sainsbury's
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Toffee Yogurt (1x175g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Banana & Custard Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Rice Strawberry Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla & Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Strawberry Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Rice Apple Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Rice Original Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Rice Vanilla Custard Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) £0.68 £0.35
    Comparison total (compared products only) £6.12 £3.15
    +£2.97 cheaper

I understand the offer is supposed to be on in S until 12th December. So, it should continue to work as long as the Christmas Bakery stays off. I was just buying a non-grocery item on its own shop, but I figured that it was best to add a £3 APG onto the shop and turn it into £3.29:rotfl:. Not too happy about the Vanilla Chocolate Sprinkles though - 10g lower weight? I've been shortchanged:rotfl:! I did leave that off a shop some days ago. There was limited choice of other ones (that compare against S 35p) in my store anyway - not that they are OOS, I think they just don't have them in that store - so I bought the Chocolate Sprinkles as one of my ten - I suppose we will still need that variety at some time and I guess we eat one yogurt at a time and the lack of 10g isn't going to make us consume an extra one. They consume another of the other ones as it is; as shown by having to buy them again now. And they particularly like the Bakery with Gingerbread Men so they always need that one buying again:mad::cool:.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    :rotfl: I think I would feel crap standing there 10 mins buying 20p items. You have to leave a minute between shops dont you?

Why would you walk around ...? Though I was there a lot longer than 10 mins getting the stupid thing working!! Once it was working I just opened the parcel to reveal the prize then went again, I wasn’t consciously waiting a minute and it worked fine.

And who said anything about spending 20p - bananas are only 11p or so :D.

Anon
  • elainemn
    elainemn Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good morning. Phone says it should be snowing but no sgn yet.
  • braveheart60uk
    Options
    Morning. Droid states 10 per day. I did a so just after 5am and it said I had exceeded daily limit. Maybe their day starts at 6am ?
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Morning. Droid states 10 per day. I did a so just after 5am and it said I had exceeded daily limit. Maybe their day starts at 6am ?

Morning all.

BH I have found it seems to be a rolling 24hr period. What time was your first shop yesterday? Should work then.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Why would you walk around ...? Though I was there a lot longer than 10 mins getting the stupid thing working!! Once it was working I just opened the parcel to reveal the prize then went again, I wasn’t consciously waiting a minute and it worked fine.

And who said anything about spending 20p - bananas are only 11p or so :D.

Anon

And Haribo are 10p! And if you can find Halloween clearance in Wilko even better. I paid 5p for one and 2p for another. ("Can I do contactless for that please? I don't want to give you a £20 just for that.");)
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Good morning all

Polka-Dot-Latex-Balloons-12-Black-Ultimate-Balloon-Bouquet.jpg
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure