Are we allowed to post up jobs we find in our areas

Options
Ive just spotted a real "up your income" job on the interweb.

Are we allowed to post these up- seems a shame to leave them "undiscovered" by moneysavers, especially those among us who *really NEED* the money!

Let me know if we can post any top finds?
:beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
This Ive come to know...
So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:

Comments

• TNG
    TNG Posts: 6,930 Forumite
    Options
    I officially give you permission, Lynz :D

:wave:
    :dance:There's a real buzz about the neighbourhood :dance:
  • misskool
    misskool Posts: 12,832 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Lynz,

Great idea for a new thread. We'd encourage people to post real 'up your income' jobs in a specific area to help other MSE'ers.
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think we need to be realistic.

Could we have jobs posted up for a) geographical areas ( different threads- mods could do it) Or only from "genuine websites" eg monster/jobcentre/ known companies/orgs?? etc .

We dont want it to be a honeypot for those pyramid sellers, there was a spate of those a while ago.

If a genuine MSer has a genuine job going tho- it would be wholly in the spirit of moneysaving to recruit without having to pay for a newpaper advert etc.

Or am I overthinking the issue :confused:
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    This Ive come to know...
  • jessicamb
    jessicamb Posts: 10,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lynzpower wrote: »
    I think we need to be realistic.

Could we have jobs posted up for a) geographical areas ( different threads- mods could do it) Or only from "genuine websites" eg monster/jobcentre/ known companies/orgs?? etc .

We dont want it to be a honeypot for those pyramid sellers, there was a spate of those a while ago.

If a genuine MSer has a genuine job going tho- it would be wholly in the spirit of moneysaving to recruit without having to pay for a newpaper advert etc.

Or am I overthinking the issue :confused:

In general anything that looks like the poster has a non mse financial interest in the recruitment process runs the risk of getting deleted. Usual mse rules on referrals and self promotion apply. Its up to users to report posts to the abuse e-mail address as there is no moderation as such on mse.
    The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese :cool:
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    cool will start a new thread for londoners then!
    This Ive come to know...
  • wannabedebtfreebeth
    Options
    Hi
    I posted about genuine jobs in my betterware team and it has been removed or moved - not sure which - can someone explain what is allowed and what is not - these are genuine jobs not part of the MLM set up and do not involve people in having to recruit others. I just thought it might help someone here to know they were on offer - I have 3 vacancies. Is there anywhere I could post about these? Referers board is not relevant as they do not fall in that catagory - just genuine jobs going begging at present.
    £2 saver club £16 so far!! - it's growing!!! :j

#3 in the £30 k in 2 years on e-bay club :T

Olympic Challenge - target £3000
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    quote from Bettawares web site

Our TSA's can expect to earn 30% of their total sales. In addition we run various sales incentives throughout the year with prizes ranging from cars and cash to foreign holidays. And, if you find you really enjoy running your own Betterware business and want to progress further and earn even more, there are plenty of opportunities to do so within our sales team structure

so there is a vested interest
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • wannabedebtfreebeth
    Options
    Hi
    I'm not a TSA but an area co-ordinator. TSAs get 30% of everything they themselves sell - sounds reasonable to me - they have to do all their own ordering and paperwork etc. I make money from betterware but only by working very hard at what I do - ie building team and supporting them - my distributors have no paperwork to do, do not neeed a computer and get all their supplies of books etc free - part of my job is to organise all that for them., doing all the paperwork for them etc etc - ie the management stuff. The jobs I have on offer are 3 genuine jobs. you saying there is a financial incentive is like saying a job in a shop would not count because the shop manager would make more money if he had the shop fully staffed. Yes, if my team is fully staffed I will make more money - but they are still genuine jobs I have on offer and I get paid nothing just for recruiting people - only for helping and supporting them to make money - just like in a shop every level makes some money on a sale - but I do not make money if I stop working unlike the MLM schemes - if I stop working I stop earning.
    £2 saver club £16 so far!! - it's growing!!! :j

#3 in the £30 k in 2 years on e-bay club :T

Olympic Challenge - target £3000
  • misskool
    misskool Posts: 12,832 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi beth,

Unfortunately, the way your company is run is classed as network marketing, the "job" is actually buying into the business and you are not allowed to promote it on MSE.

Please read the rules posted at the top of the forum.
  • jarrod1
    jarrod1 Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    i posted a mystery shopper visit for anyone with a lexus, it paid £100... but nobody replied

was just gonna pm them the companies number and address, so they could ring for themselves.

is that not allowed ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport