Business Accounts

Options
Hi All,

So I have started up my business as a sole trader and am currently using my personal accout.

Today I received a cheque and it only had my business name on there. Will halifax accept that? I have tried opening business accounts but my credit is not good so not sure what to do.

Thanks
Proud dad to Darcy.....

Comments

• Aquamania
    Aquamania Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    edited 2 May 2017 at 4:05PM
    Options
    Hi All,

So I have started up my business as a sole trader and am currently using my personal accout.

Today I received a cheque and it only had my business name on there. Will halifax accept that? I have tried opening business accounts but my credit is not good so not sure what to do.

Thanks

Probably not as it stands.
    You need the account to be in the name of Andy Stephens t/a Andy's Business Name

(t/a - trading as)

Speak to the Halifax - they may do that for you, and then you can pay the cheque in :)

You may want to get yourself another personal account if you don't currently have one, else you'll be paying buisness banking rates for all your transactions, including personal, ;)

Otherwise, return the cheque to your customer, and ask that it is re-issued in your own name ... and hope the bank don't ever catch you out, else you may end up with no bank account at all :eek:
    If you want to continue on this risky very route, then I suggest you ensure all quotes, invoices, etc clearly state that all payments must be made out iun the name of 'Andy Stephens'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure