Advice appreciated

Options
Hi all i am from the west midlands and my partner and i are looking in to buying a touring caravan. We would like somewhere we could leave the caravan most of the year to save us keep towing. We would like somewhere not too far from the beach and suggestions??

Comments

• gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Which part of the U.K. would you like to go to?
  • markharriers
    Options
    Open to suggestions
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,822 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you really thought through the cost implications - for the cost of firstly buying a caravan and then paying to pitch it on a half decent site for the majority of the year, I suspect you could probably stay in a B&B every weekend (as per your other thread) ?
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I definetly wouldn't get a touring caravan and keep it in one place. Firstly the costs are very high (as stated in the post above) for a season pitch.

I have a touring caravan and i would get bored very quickly if i could only stay on one site. The whole point of a touring caravan is that it can be used to go almost anywhere you want for very low prices compared to other accomodation.
  • markharriers
    Options
    ok maybe i need to re think
  • greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    there are places that you can pitch and store . but said it can be a bit boring . difficult to say where because we don't know you . Kids .. dogs .. drinkers .. foodies .. cyclists .. borth one way or skeggy seems to be popular with midlands folk . if your looking for a beach . try the peaks for starters to get used to touring and pulling the van if your a novice . A few in Ashbourne or buxton etc
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport