Uk weekends

Options
Good evening all :) my partner and i have decided to start going away for weekends travel mainly Saturday morning stay over sat night and come home Sunday. Not bothered where by sea would be nice thing is im not sure where the best place online to look as everywhere i look its at least 60 pound a night. We are quiet happy to book a few days before if it saves us money.
I look forward to some advice.

Comments

• WeAreGhosts
    WeAreGhosts Posts: 3,100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    hello. you don't say where you are in the country or how far you're willing to travel :)
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,527 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Have a look at smoothhound.co.uk. A directory of small hotels, pubs with rooms, B&Bs and you can search by price.
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,834 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Good evening all :) my partner and i have decided to start going away for weekends travel mainly Saturday morning stay over sat night and come home Sunday. Not bothered where by sea would be nice thing is im not sure where the best place online to look as everywhere i look its at least 60 pound a night. We are quiet happy to book a few days before if it saves us money.
    I look forward to some advice.

Unfortunately, for those hotels that vary the price by day following demand, Saturday is usually the most expensive day, and some hotels will want people to book a minimum of two night stays at the weekend.

For Travelodges etc you could try looking well in advance when they have promotional saver rates on. And subscribe to the various hotel chains e-mails and/or sign up to their loyalty clubs (e.g Hilton HHonors, Holiday Inn Priority club) for offers and discounted rates,
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Really depends on where you are in the country and what sort of place you are wanting to stay in.
    I spend most weekends dotted around in either the North Yorks Moors, Lake District, Peak District or Yorkshire Dales. Normally at really cheap places as I am not usually worried where I stay as its only a bed.

Did just get back from a 2 night stay in Whitby @£11 a night :) Thats on the coast and its quite a nice place.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • markharriers
    Options
    indesisiv wrote: »
    Really depends on where you are in the country and what sort of place you are wanting to stay in.
    I spend most weekends dotted around in either the North Yorks Moors, Lake District, Peak District or Yorkshire Dales. Normally at really cheap places as I am not usually worried where I stay as its only a bed.

Did just get back from a 2 night stay in Whitby @£11 a night :) Thats on the coast and its quite a nice place.

Not really fussed where we go. who do you book through?
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I normally start by going on to facebook and looking at the local groups. For instance "I love the lake district" is a good starting point for that area.
    I stay in youth hostels, or via airB&B or just through recommendations from groups. Normally I book last min which whilst cheaper is harder if you have specific areas in mind.
    Most of the time I book directly with wherever I am trying to stay. With smaller places it is rare that you get a better price going via an external booker.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • Tuesday_Tenor
    Options
    When you say 'not bothered where we go' would you REALLY be interested in a cheap deal I might know about in Cornwall if it takes all day to get there from Edinburth???

You've said UK weekends: that's a massive area, not all of which will be reasonable for us to suggest for an overnight trip from whenever you are
    It really doesn't make sense not to give us some idea, so that we can help you: e.g. within X hours driving/public transport of Y.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure