Faulty goods return postage not refunded

Options
Hi

I bought a spare part for my vehicle from transit parts uk but it was faulty so I returned it for an exchange.I received the replacement part but this one had same problem so decided to have a refund

They refunded me for the part but will not refund the postage I had to pay to send the faulty items back! They said they sent parts back to where they get them from and were told parts were not faulty and they have resold them and had no returns,I told them they were definatly faulty
I told them to send me proof that they have been tested but said they can't do that and asked me to send them proof that the parts have been fitted by a qualified mechanic,told them I fitted them myself because it was an easy thing to do but they are still refusing to give my postage refund

Is there anything I can do to get a refund?

Thank you

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    philip1976 wrote: »
    Hi

I bought a spare part for my vehicle from transit parts uk but it was faulty so I returned it for an exchange.I received the replacement part but this one had same problem so decided to have a refund

They refunded me for the part but will not refund the postage I had to pay to send the faulty items back! They said they sent parts back to where they get them from and were told parts were not faulty and they have resold them and had no returns,I told them they were definatly faulty
    I told them to send me proof that they have been tested but said they can't do that and asked me to send them proof that the parts have been fitted by a qualified mechanic,told them I fitted them myself because it was an easy thing to do but they are still refusing to give my postage refund

Is there anything I can do to get a refund?

Thank you
    If they maintain the goods were not faulty and they have refunded the purchase price, then there is probably nothing left for you to do.
  • daytona0
    daytona0 Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    If they maintain the goods were not faulty and they have refunded the purchase price, then there is probably nothing left for you to do.

.... except disputing it in small claims court.

Your word against theirs OP
  • frugal_mike
    Options
    daytona0 wrote: »
    .... except disputing it in small claims court.

Your word against theirs OP

Well the law says that within the first 6 months, all goods claimed as faulty are assumed to be inherently faulty unless proven otherwise by the seller. If OP can prove they returned the goods for being faulty then the burden of proof would be on the seller to prove they were not faulty.

Whether the postage costs were big enough to bother is another matter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure