IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Tower road Newquay parking charge notice

Options
13»

Comments

• Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
  • Like all above I've received a parking notice for tower road car park when we were there on August. Entered the car park at 09.26. Parked up and proceeded to machine. I had installed the pay and park app as recommended on the signs. Unfortunately the location number on the machine didn't correspond with the app location code and it wouldn't let us pay. We walked to the top machine in the car park and tried there ( encase it was an error) still wouldn't accept it. I had no cash sufficient to pay at that time and there is nowhere to get cash locally. We decided to park in the next car park as we know the location code worked there. We left the car park at 09.37 ( 11 mins in total) but have now received a parking charge for none payment. I appealed as recommended to parking eye who have rejected the appeal. I intend to appeal to POPLA now but haven't got a code as people have mentioned. I'm so mad that they can charge people this..we had kids and dogs to get back in the car and genuinely the code didn't work.. any advice please on what to put in the appeal letter would be gratefully recieved. Thanks
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    Mandy - do what you agreed to do when signing up, and start a new thread. Incredibly rude to hijack an active thread

Also, when you get to your new thread, use paragraphs. Noone will read a wall of text.

If the code didnt work, did you complain to PE or the BPA? if not, why not,as they are obvious steps?
  • nosferatu1001 thanks for the reply however I had no intention of hijacking someone's active thread and for that I apologise as a newbie to the forum. However, there is no need to criticise the fact I have not used paragraphs..that's rude...
    I was seeking advice and stating that I also have problems with this company no intention of upsetting anyone. As for stating obvious steps in your last sentence the reason I posted is I don't know where to go with this so thanks for the positive response really helpful.
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    1) Its in the rules you literally just agreed to, so as a newbie you have less excuse, not more!
    2) No, its rude to not be bothered to write a well constructed post, as you're expecting people who spend their free time to help you. It's also realistic - if you want people to read your posts, make them easy to read.
    3) Well it is an obvious step - you knew you should have a POPLA code, none was provided, so you ask the company that should have provided it. Same as if Amazon doesnt deliver your DVD when they said they would.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    nosferatu1001 thanks for the reply however I had no intention of hijacking someone's active thread and for that I apologise as a newbie to the forum. However, there is no need to criticise the fact I have not used paragraphs..that's rude...
    I was seeking advice and stating that I also have problems with this company no intention of upsetting anyone. As for stating obvious steps in your last sentence the reason I posted is I don't know where to go with this so thanks for the positive response really helpful.

You've not upset anyone but we can't help two people on one thread, purely because what looks to you like an identical sitatuation never is exactly the same (dates, details, maybe even a non-POFA PCN).

Start your own thread, telling us if yours is a PCN that has the POFA wording on the back, and how long the 'overstay' was in your own case, and we will gladly help.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Sue_stags
    Options
    We have just had a parking charge for this car park too. We put cash into the car park machine to cover us until 6pm in the evening. (£8) But by using cash we don't have financial records to show payment. They are saying we didn't pay at all, and unfortunately we didn't keep the ticket.
    The only evidence they have sent us is two photographs. One showing entry to the car park and one showing us leaving.
    I was wondering how many of you with previous experience of this car park and its penalty charges used cash?
    And is that who they target as there are no financial records to prove or disprove their claims?
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,312 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    1. Read post #25 & #26
    2. Read the NEWBIE sticky thread
    3. Search the forum using "Tower Road Newquay" as your search term
    4. If you still need to ask a question, please start your own thread. using the New Thread button on the first page of the forum.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sue_stags wrote: »
    We have just had a parking charge for this car park too. We put cash into the car park machine to cover us until 6pm in the evening. (£8) But by using cash we don't have financial records to show payment. They are saying we didn't pay at all, and unfortunately we didn't keep the ticket.

The only evidence they have sent us is two photographs. One showing entry to the car park and one showing us leaving.

I was wondering how many of you with previous experience of this car park and its penalty charges used cash?
    And is that who they target as there are no financial records to prove or disprove their claims?

You appear to have only read this thread, and missed the entire forum?

See my signature and click where it tells you to, read more threads about ParkingEye Tower Road by searching for those keywords ('search' the forum, not Googling).

And read the NEWBIES thread (no link given, for obvious reasons that my signature already tells you where to click).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure