Vodafone - Ignoring Complaints & Defaulted Payment on Credit Report

Options
After reading the forums about how Vodafone are ignoring complaints i cant believe how many people are in the same situation as me.
I recently found out i have a defaulted payment on my credit report from Vodafone saying i have not being paying a fee of £23 for 2 years, when i cancelled my contract with them 2 years ago and they are claiming this is a termination fee. I have phoned countless times, spoke to someone on online chat who confirms in writing the charge should not be there, i have went into various branches and they have also said they cant see why that charge is there as my account is closed, I have been phoned and told the problem is sorted and should reflect on my credit report within 4 weeks - its still there, i have completed online complaints as well as writing a letter to customer relations manager, which has been completely ignored. I am understandably very frustrated. I now have a mortgage but i had been rejected by 2 lenders because of this being on my credit report. I need it rectified ASAP on my credit report as any future credit is being rejected because of this. Im reading that Lee from Vodafone Comms team has been helping people in similar situations to me, I have tried everything else and don't know what else to do so have resulted to writing in this forum as my last hope! Lee can you please get in touch with me.

Comments

• MEM62
    MEM62 Posts: 4,754 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I can't offer any useful advice as Vodafone, in my opinion and experience, seem to go out of their way to be as obstructive as possible in these situations. But I do share your pain - they placed me in a similar situation and the only way for me to resolve the mortgage issue at the time was to allow them to steal from me and pay charges that I had not incurred. They even rubbed salt into the wound by afterwards 'loosing' all details of my account making it impossible to go through their complaints procedure and thus onto to the ombudsman.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Laura Cooper,

Thanks for making me aware of your situation.

So I can access your account, please email me via the contact details provided by dfub.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media CARE

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Laura_Cooper
    Options
    Hi Lee,

I have done, let me know if you got my message.

Thanks,
    Laura Cooper
  • Vodafone
    Options
    Hi Laura Cooper,

Thanks for your time yesterday.

As promised, I've emailed you with confirmation of what we discussed.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media CARE

Vodafone UK
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Laura_Cooper
    Options
    Thank you very much for your help Lee!
  • Vodafone
    Options
    You're welcome Laura Cooper.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media CARE

Vodafone UK
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure