PPI and overcharge claim

Options
Hi,

Great forum and I have already found a lot of information however I'm slightly confused on how to proceed a PPI claim with HSBC. I had several accounts and credit cards (personal and business) with them, all of which were closed in 2007. Cut a long story short I lived abroad for four years before coming back to the UK and found a raft of letters saying I owed them several hundred pounds, and that the one account had a negative balance when it was closed (it didn't, and was actually their mistake) - it got passed back and forth amongst several debt recovery companies before I got the FOS involved and it was settled.

Last year I send a PPI claim in to HSBC who said they had no record of my account(s), are they stalling or do I need to chase the debt recovery companies instead?

I can't remember at least one of the account numbers, will they disclose everything on a SAR? I would like all of my details from them to look at claiming for overcharges too.

Would they still actually have my records 8 years on or am I wasting my time? if so I would like to process a similar claim with Egg as I definitely had ppi with them about 15 years ago.

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Send them a SAR and £10 to see what info is left.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • ma77smith
    Options
    Thanks, will do - just assumed as they said they have no record then a SAR wouldn't produce anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure