IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CEL defence

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    By when does your defence have to be submitted? Because if CEL refuse the retailer's request that might be a more powerful argument.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • puredestiny
    puredestiny Posts: 30 Forumite
    edited 16 June 2017 at 9:04AM
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    By when does your defence have to be submitted? Because if CEL refuse the retailer's request that might be a more powerful argument.

Oh, well, I've only acknowledged the claim a little over 24 hours ago, so can certainly hold off a few days. The claim form is dated 12 June
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Oh, well, I've only acknowledged the claim a little over 24 hours ago, so can certainly hold off a few days.

If you've acknowledged within the first 14 days after the official 'Date of Issue' of the court papers, then you get a further 14 days to work on your defence. There are also 5 days added for 'service' to account for postal delivery.

So you can count 33 days from the Date of Issue to get your true deadline for submission.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• puredestiny
    Options
    If you've acknowledged within the first 14 days after the official 'Date of Issue' of the court papers, then you get a further 14 days to work on your defence. There are also 5 days added for 'service' to account for postal delivery.

So you can count 33 days from the Date of Issue to get your true deadline for submission.

Sorry, forgot to put that in my post. Yes the date of issue was the 12th June. So, I'll hold off to hear back from the retail centre and will post back what happens.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 June 2017 at 9:13AM
    Options
    Ah, wow. Vultures. I'll file my defence today and keep the record of emails with the retail centre to add later if needed then. Thank you for clarifying that. Should I add to the defence that the centre has agreed to assist?

Well, lesson learned to take action on these immediately by contacting the retail centre first.

The point being .... who employed these cowboys, did they know
    of the VINDICTIVE history of CEL ??

Chances are that CEL will say it's too late to cancel ?
    However, any fool and his dog will know that it can be cancelled
    right up to the last minute

The retail centre have been hoodwinked by a known scammer

Keep on top with the Retail Centre and do not accept any rubbish
  • puredestiny
    Options
    Okay, thanks for the heads up beamerguy. I'll keep on it. Appreciate your input.
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Sorry, forgot to put that in my post. Yes the date of issue was the 12th June. So, I'll hold off to hear back from the retail centre and will post back what happens.

OK, no need to rush this (but don't sleepwalk past the deadline!). It also gives you some time to see how other defences (and strategies/tactics) are developing as there's been a rash of CEL claims issued this week. There'll be a good number of others on here and PePiPoo who will be going through the same strokes as you.

• puredestiny
    Options
    OK, no need to rush this (but don't sleepwalk past the deadline!). It also gives you some time to see how other defences (and strategies/tactics) are developing as there's been a rash of CEL claims issued this week. There'll be a good number of others on here and PePiPoo who will be going through the same strokes as you.

I'll put a reminder on my calendar and I'll keep checking the forums to see what's developing. Thanks for emphasising that point. Definitely don't want them to win by default, so I'll keep on it.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'll put a reminder on my calendar and I'll keep checking the forums to see what's developing. Thanks for emphasising that point. Definitely don't want them to win by default, so I'll keep on it.

Keep up to speed with the way CEL operate
    Also note where they try to trick motorists into believing that
    they will not turn up in court and do, getting a default judgement

Treat these scammers as pure vermin

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=cel

Show this link to the Retail centre so they know what they are dealing with
  • puredestiny
    Options
    Yes, I did read that somewhere about them tricking you into now showing at court. So, effectively, be prepared to go all the way with this. I'll certainly keep my guard up and come back to this forum quite a lot.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure