PopulusLive- survey sites discussion

Former_MSE_Nick
Former_MSE_Nick Posts: 463 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped!
edited 26 January 2016 at 12:20PM in Boost your income
The first point of call is read the full Survey Sites guide. Then having found the best survey sites, this discussion is specifically to talk about feedback and tips for the survey site

PopulusLive

Simply click reply and add your feedback. If you want to discuss survey sites in general, please go to the Survey Stashing thread.

Comments

• Fordiez
    Fordiez Posts: 43 Forumite
    This is probably my favourite survey site. The surveys come several times a week but then there might be a couple of weeks when I don't get any. When I do though, they payout between £1 and £4 so far. I've been registered with Populus since November and I'm already up to 36 points (one point = £1) and cashout is at 50 points so I'm looking forward to that! They automatically send you a cheque when you hit 50 points, so you don't have to click anything to get it, it just arrives on your doormat (so they say...but I've no reason to disbelieve it).
    Their surveys are well-designed, always look the same layout-wise and always contain those questions that make sure you're paying attention or telling the truth. They seem to be well-targeted as I haven't been screened out of many.
    Populus Live gets 5 stars from me :)
    :female:Boosting my income each month from surveys, focus groups & cashback:
    2016: Jan £32 // Feb £19 // Mar £188
    2015: Dec £106
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 3 February 2016 at 8:59AM
    Sorry, Fordiez, but my experience with them has been very much at odds with yours!

I have been a member for years and have already had £50 payouts from them. I agree that the payout process is slick and simple but the cheque takes a good while to arrive once you reach the redemption level. Don't expect it within days;). I'll check how long mine took and report back later.

* Right, I've just checked and I reached redemption point around the middle of the month. I think they only process redemptions at the end of every month. I received my cheque on 20th of following month. Not the fastest but some survey companies are slower than this!

In recent months I have been screened out of their surveys fairly regularly, something that never seemed to happen before. I am pleased that you appear to be accepted for everything you start to complete.

I recently had an issue with them over one of the 'quality control' questions they add now and have still received no satisfaction after several emails. My last one to them a couple of weeks ago has still not even been acknowledged never mind answered.

I am not far short of my next £50 cheque and am seriously considering unsubscribing as soon as I receive it.
  • Fordiez
    I agree that the payout process is slick and simple but the cheque takes a good while to arrive once you reach the redemption level. Don't expect it within days;).
    * Right, I've just checked and I reached redemption point around the middle of the month. I think they only process redemptions at the end of every month. I received my cheque on 20th of following month. Not the fastest but some survey companies are slower than this!

Sorry to hear you've not had quite as good an experience with them. To be fair to them though, they make it very clear on their homepage that cheques don't arrive "within days" so at least they are upfront about it.
    I am pleased that you appear to be accepted for everything you start to complete.

That's not what I said, is it ;)
  • I've been using PopulusLive since 2010 and tend to cash out twice a year. Like Fordiez, I qualify for most of the surveys and they are usually quite interesting too. Would recommend.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Pros: well paid surveys.
    Cons: high threshold, pays via cheque (cheeky as it helps them to maintain their cash flow for another month)
    Overall, I will keep using as they pay fairly.
    ally.
  • Fordiez
    asajj wrote: »
    Overall, I will keep using as they pay fairly.

Yes, this is what I like best about them, the rewards are very fair indeed, much fairer than most.
  • mimiduck
    mimiduck Posts: 194 Forumite
    This is my favourite survey site, I love it!

Interesting surveys and I think from last year I got either two or three payouts. Like people have mentioned before, sometimes there might be many surveys and sometimes it might be very quiet. Personally I have noticed you have to be quick as well in answering them as otherwise you might get screened out. I don't mind waiting to the cheque so much as I know it will arrive :)
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,664 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I find they've gone downhill in the last couple of months - I used to get surveys most days and at the moment I'm only getting one every couple of weeks, if that. And because I can't do them during the day when I'm working, generally by the evening they've finished or I get screened out.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • j2401
    j2401 Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    How can you check your balance? Im probebly being thick but I cant see it anywhere! Thanks.
  • j2401 wrote: »
    How can you check your balance? Im probebly being thick but I cant see it anywhere! Thanks.

I can't find mine either so if you are thick then so am I! In our defence, the site has a new layout so we probably can't see for looking IYKWIM!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure