Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ok, so logged into my nectar account and it seems the 10k of points was awarded for 9 transactions which have been grouped together, as aau1 has already said, total outlay was £16.14.

£100. Well done!!
    I couldn't participate as my lappy wouldn't allow pop ups from nectar! Kept getting blank screen. :mad:
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    LEJC.
    There is always a duty social worker available 24hrs if you are thinking about phoning your council.
    I think I would if I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight.
    Anything could happen to her.......

I have always found the police easy to get to respond, and support someone in this situation as there is normally a fair few police officers, and only one SW on duty out of hours. The police are often better placed to persuade/encourage someone to access a hostel.
  • HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    LEJC- I don't know what part of the country you/family live but what about luxury steam train with dinner/afternoon tea.
    I came across this one but im sure there will be many more if you google
    https://www.intotheblue.co.uk/culinary-gourmet/train-restaurant/steam-trains/lunch-leicestershire/
  • hampydoodums
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    £100. Well done!!
    I couldn't participate as my lappy wouldn't allow pop ups from nectar! Kept getting blank screen. :mad:

Thank you, when I converted the double up in my head when I logged into the app I let out a little scream and woke DH up who was napping on the bed :D. That's a shame re your laptop, did you try allowing pop ups for a bit?
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    LEJC.... can you buy me a present please.... all of the suggestions sound wonderful
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    locarr wrote: »
    Thanks locarr, just done it and it went through without a problem.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    Just checked my Nectar, 13,000 points awarded...for £40 spend.... I've definitely not spent £40 in one transaction.... I need to figure out how many orders and what I sent (I have list.... just need to add it up!)
  • Sunflower1227
    Options
    20161117_145932_zpsoujhrneh.jpg

20161117_145916_zpsqkwfcbhc.jpg

not the best photos as the strip lighting in my loft if very bright,but white snowy dots all over packets.:)

Hi BQ :wave:

Can I ask where you get these bags from :) thanks
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. :)

Weight loss 3 stone :D
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    LEJC wrote: »
    Good morning all...

A little link for HG ....
    http://www.orlandofarmersmarket.com/

We can usually spend a couple of hours here and then have a walk round the lake...it does tend to be not quite so busy if the weather is a little cooler but there are usually a good mix of stalls to have a browse and a few lovely food vans.

Have you ever ventured up to Winter park....beautiful place and a real insight into how the other half live. When we go at christmas we always take a drive round some of the exclusive houses to see the decorations...out of this world!
    Sunrail now stop at the rail station so if you dont fancy the drive it is really quick and easy

In fact thats how we spend a sunday in florida...mooching round the farmers market,a walk round the lake and feed the swans and then an afternoon of pure pamper shopping in winter park....and there's a couple of old guys who do a rather good boat trip around the waters of winter park...good for people and house envy!!!!

have a good day all...not sure yet what I have planned other than a trip to the post office.
    Thank you for the link, it's definitely on the agenda now. In fact you've just sorted out how we'll be spending our Sunday lol. We've been to Winter Park once before, three or four years ago, but didn't do the boat trip so that's something else for the list. We spent quite a long time wandering round the Rollins College campus which was lovely. DH also enjoyed watching the trains go through, amazing how long they are. The Tiffany museum was good too. I'd forgotten what a lovely day we had in Winter Park, thank you for the reminder :)
  • bargainqueen8
    Options
    Hi BQ :wave:

Can I ask where you get these bags from :) thanks

hi sunflower,it was poundland but it could have been a couple of years ago, hoping they may still do something similar.:)will you be available for a day out next week?:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure