Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Sorry about the migraine but it does sound that you have really clarified your way ahead.
    Thanks Beanielou. :) A clear head often follows a migraine for me. I get panicked when I can't see the way ahead. I'm the kind of person who needs a plan and now I have one I will be okay (until the next build up of stress and meltdown I guess) :o
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks Beanielou. :) A clear head often follows a migraine for me. I get panicked when I can't see the way ahead. I'm the kind of person who needs a plan and now I have one I will be okay (until the next build up of stress and meltdown I guess) :o

I am like that too.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I called to make an appointment with the handyman. He will come for an hour tomorrow and get a washing line erected in the garden (he has a special drill so he can drill into the concrete post (I hope) He will also get stuff down from the loft so I can check boxes for possible PPI information although I fear I shredded most old paperwork :(

I had a brainwave. :T I emailed a local office I used to volunteer for and asked them to circulate my email asking for personal recommendations for any tradespeople and a gardener. This should reach about 60 people. Hopefully something will come of this :)

I washed sheets and bed stuff and they dried over my patio doors. They need ironing now. I am anticipating a good night’s sleep

All I need to do now is to hoover the dustballs in my bedroom away and clean the surfaces.

Later tonight I have a long phone call with a friend :)

Fingers crossed, but the squirrels have either acquired slippers and mittens or they have gone…:D

The pedicure that was cancelled due to family events has now been rebooked for next week when I have a few days off :)

I WFH today and it was an okay day :)

The kitchen has been wrestled back to being under control :)

I made soup.

I hope you had a good day reader.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    All sounding good :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    I'm glad you're feeling better DIA. I don't suffer from migraines but feel for you as I know they are so horrible.

Whatever you do you have plans in place. The idea of a cleaner sounds wonderful. Perhaps when I'm debt free ;).

Good luck with the recommendations. It's scary getting in the trades, especially if you have no idea what they are like.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    You sound a lot more positive, DIA :) It's nice to hear! Sorry about the migrane, but it sounds like you needed it to clear your head.

Hope you get a good recommendation for a tradesperson - if only you lived closer, my husband has a trusted friend in most of the trades that he uses (benefit of being an electrician I suppose - he gets to know lots of people and see their work).

Glad your contact is willing to hold off the work until next year for you! It just goes to show that if you don't ask, you don't get! It's so nice to see everything working out for you.
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • SusieT78
    Options
    I hope your niece is continuing to make a recovery in hospital.
    Fingers crossed the squirrels are gone for good.
    Do you have something in particular planned for your sabbatical in 2019?
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Good luck with the recommendations. It's scary getting in the trades, especially if you have no idea what they are like.
    Yes, this is my big fear Parsniphead but I am determined it will not stop me from doing up the house next year so I can move on the following year.
    JoJoC wrote: »
    You sound a lot more positive, DIA :) It's nice to hear! Sorry about the migrane, but it sounds like you needed it to clear your head.

Hope you get a good recommendation for a tradesperson - if only you lived closer, my husband has a trusted friend in most of the trades that he uses (benefit of being an electrician I suppose - he gets to know lots of people and see their work).

Glad your contact is willing to hold off the work until next year for you! It just goes to show that if you don't ask, you don't get! It's so nice to see everything working out for you.
    Thanks JoJo. I so wish I lived closer and could have access to your hubby's little black book ;)
    I was amazed the private work person was willing to wait until 2018 to work with me. :) I am not a confident person in many ways but I can see I am very good at my paid job but better than very good at my private work. I also enjoy it more. I need to see how I can increase this type of work and decrease the existing job :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    SusieT78 wrote: »
    I hope your niece is continuing to make a recovery in hospital.
    Fingers crossed the squirrels are gone for good.
    Do you have something in particular planned for your sabbatical in 2019?
    Thanks SusieT78 Squirrels and niece situation both going according to plan :)
    In 2019 I will travel and do a creative project that needs a large expanse of time. But life has snakes and ladders so who knows what will happen by then, but I like to have a plan :D

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Hello people :)

I hope your day is going well.

I am WFH and made a veggie curry that is okay but not amazing...

I washed some blankets in a white vinegar rinse to soften them. They are out drying ready for the cooler weather

I cleaned my bedroom yesterday. The dustballs were fist sized.
    I decluttered a lamp to charity shop. It is lovely but fiddly and no longer to my taste.
    I removed a chair, a rug (for cleaning and repositioning in the dining room) a clothes rack, the suitcase under my bed and I found a new home for the small chest.

I have set up a tea tray with a small teapot, a beautiful cup and saucer and my lovely F&M tea in retro canister :)

There is nothing under my bed now.

There is still dusting and cleaning the blinds and window to do but one evening resulted in a dramatic improvement.

The stuff under the bed is a bit like debt. You can ignore it. It might be manageable or out of sight but you know it is there and it will feel so much better when it is completely clear :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills