Making cards - Ideas (part 5)

Options

Comments

• paddingtondoo
    Options
    Be careful tonight Rainmac I braved the drive again this afternoon and managed to get completely stuck blocking the lane and couldn't go either way :o Did get myself out without help this afternoon though.

Having slid a little bit on the way out abandoned the trip to the opticians just stopped at Mr T bought wellies & bread & came home again. Glad we did as it's snowing again now.

OH rang an hour ago he was stuck in queue 8 miles away trying to get off the motorway onto the main road home and the gritter had broken down - normally takes 12 mins home from where he was.
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    No worries dragonllew, it was my pleasure. Please don't go out in this weather just to post my card, I can wait ;)

Padster, glad you are home safe, I need some wellies, did they have any in a 7 as I am having trouble finding any in my size :( I am dreading the drive to preschool, usually takes 15 minutes and I need to pick someone up on the way who is slightly more terrified of driving in it than I am.
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Forgot to say, I've won some stamps on the Penny Black at Allsorts challenge :j
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • bunbun2
    bunbun2 Posts: 3,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    congratulations rainmac:j take care driving this evening. sorry your card is so late, I will make it to the post office (or send OH if the snow carries on:D). I got some wellies in asda this morning as ds2 announced on Saturday that he had left his at school on Friday:eek: we have been sharing so I thought it was time we had a pair each:rotfl:

paddington hope your OH is now home.

we have had a relatively snow free day today - OH and ds1 were back at school, ds2 was still off. the roads weren't too bad but our estate was worse than it has been. I went to the end of the cul de sac to turn round and got stuck - and that was on the flat:eek: after that I didn't attempt to drive into the estate and parked the car just off the main road

there were very few cars on the road which was a plus - it only took 10 minutes to get to ds' school (it normally takes 30)

hope everyone who has had a birthday recently had a fab time - sorry all cards are late
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
  • ScattyJan
    Options
    flourgirl my card is on my bl*g - am so sorry its so late
    Well done Rainmac xx
  • Marg
    Marg Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Flourgirl - hope I've got 'til midnight to finish my card, today has not gone according to plan - DH had a meeting which has been called off so a bit less time than I thought.

Rainmac - well done on your win:j & please take care tonight. Is your journey really necessary?

Bunbun - we usually find round here (where it's very flat) that the first day of snow is usually the best for driving.

Padster - how's the cat? Has DH made it home yet?

Need to go & start tea then back to my crafting (tea may burn as I get absorbed)
  • paddingtondoo
    Options
    Evening all! OH got home at 10 to six took him an hour and 40 mins to do the last 8 miles :eek: There was a lorry stuck on the slip road and needed the gritter to get it shifting then it was dodgy but okish after that.

I had someone overtake me this afternoon on my way back I was doing a steady 20 miles an hour on what was an obviously icey surface - nutter!

I think we should start a stuck within spitting distance of your house clubBunbun :rotfl:

Don't know if there were any size 7 wellies - wasn't much choice - I only take a 4 but had to get a 5 but they'll at least fit DD next year maybe we can wear one each and hop :rotfl::rotfl:

Cat is cuddled up next to me growling at intervals - I'm not going anywhere at all tomorrow - I've run out of snow flavoured brave pills:D
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • PepPop
    PepPop Posts: 1,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rainmac Hope you make it out and back safely.

I'm having great fun - OH is on back shift so I had the tv on Kirstie Alsop, made a huge pot of soup, housework all done, and sitting making cards. It's amazing how much you can get done when your on your own and can just get on with it - and bliss - even though there's footie on TV I don't need to listen to it. :j

Think I'll treat myself to a hot chocolate in a mo - anyone want some or what about some soup?
  • THE-WIFE_3
    THE-WIFE_3 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    Options
    I've ordered a couple of goody bags today and while I was on the Craftwork Cards site I clicked on their blog. What do I find......... Monday 29th they had the self same goodie bags for £5.00. B*M! If I come across anything else I'll let you know.
    :whistle: Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"! :whistle:

• Gemm85
    Gemm85 Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    Options
    Marg wrote: »
    Gemma - Definitely one each!! I got some stuff from them last week & wasn't going to indulge but.......it's not midnight yet. :)

Bunbun - at that rate you should get the free tickets to the Harrogate show. Is it near enough for you to get there? Glad your cat is OK, we don't get much snow but when we did our little cat used to vanish under the bushes at the bottom of the garden & wouldn't come in. As if it was our fault!

Marg I was good and only ordered one! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure