TicketySplit feedback - official discussion

Former_MSE_Adam
Former_MSE_Adam Posts: 36 Forumite
edited 18 December 2013 at 4:38PM in Public transport & cycling
Hi all,

We've been working on a new version of our TicketySplit split ticket finder tool, which now includes advance deals, as well as walk-on train fares.

We would love as much feedback as possible if anyone has 5 mins to spare, particularly on any glitches you find in results.

What worked for you, what didn't, and did you had any successes using it? If so, please let us know - just click 'reply' to post.

Here is the link: TICKETYSPLIT

Thanks,
MSE Adam

Comments

• ljaybrad
    ljaybrad Posts: 869 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Seems to work quite well, wish there was a option to book with a company who dont charge a booking fee though!
    Thanks to everyone who posts competitions
  • John_Gray
    John_Gray Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 18 December 2013 at 6:31PM
    I tested booking from Gloucester to York, then changed York to Cutty Sark DLR, and it repeated the results from Gloucester to York.

More error checking needed? (Most of the other ticketing systems don't allow Cutty Sark DLR, or make a horrible mess of it if they do...)

Restarting from scratch gave an Oops error message.
  • marlot
    marlot Posts: 4,933 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It doesn't seem to want to split at Banbury when travelling up to Coventry on cross country. I can get two day returns (one to Banbury, one for the banbury to coventry section) for less than the cost of the single ticket it suggests
  • just tried it for the Norwich to London Liverpool Street Route and it worked really well
  • Sammie_
    Sammie_ Posts: 116 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I wondered why tickerty split was down yesterday you were changing it!

I have just tried the journey I booked this afternoon just now which was Banbury (leaving at 12.55pm) to Southampton Central on 15th January 1st class.

Tickerty Split said it couldn't find a split so £44

I found my own splits when I did the booking..

Banbury to Oxford (12.55pm) at £5.50
    Oxford to Basingstoke (13.16) at £9.00
    Basingstoke to Southampton Central (14.10) at £9.00

Total £23.50

I do like the new look though and really hope that whoever is doing the software makes this work well.

Keep going!

Good luck!
    I don't post much, but when I do it's all good!! :beer:
  • sydroo
    sydroo Posts: 767 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I just tried Manchester to Derby and instead of Off-peak Day Single: £24.30 it split to Advance Single: £8.00 Advance Single: £5.00 Total: £13.00 which it correct as I have done this manually myself before.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    It needs "Other train operating companies also sell tickets and they may not charge additional fees"
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    It would be nice if it could automatically identify cheaper fares at times other than the one specified.
  • Thanks for the feedback so far - keep it coming!

MSE Adam
  • I like the idea of this tool, but it hasn't managed to save me any money thus far.

What would be very helpful would be if the tool remembered what you had entered before when you press "Search again" so you don't have to repeat all details like the date and railcards again. I don't know if this would be possible?
    :j Comping on & off since 31/08/12 :beer:
    I comp for fun... and to kill the boredom!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure