Remember you're STILL a Womble - 2017 challenge

Options

Comments

• sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    £7 for me on grocery shopping thanks to the offers , other than that it's been a quiet week
  • miss_empty_piggy
    Options
    Good morning fellow womblers - am hopefully heading to the car boot sale this morning. In need of a few specific items, namely tennis rackets, squash rackets and a sewing machine. Was tempted by the shops then remembered today's impending trip. Also looking for outdoor activities for kids to keep them interested at the wedding. Have enlisted the role of my wombling cub who loves a challenge. She has been set a budget and is loving the project. She has priced up items in the high street shops and we are armed with a list for the CBS this morning. They love the wombling lifestyle. Have a great day everyone. Will report back to the burrow this evening :)
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning fellow wombles :D

£2 egg sales, but it has been a sad wombling time for me. Nothing has come my way for ages!

Miss EP - we had a small bubble machine at our wedding (outside to avoid slippery floors) and the kids loved it. Also had a bag of stickers, colouring pencils and small toys etc. for each little one to help with boredom. It can be a l-o-n-g day to expect kids to be on their best behaviour - good luck!
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I would second a bubble machine, but then my DS1 punched the head of the inflatable bride balloon as a joke, and it came off and spent the rest of the reception floating on the ceiling. It is in most of the photos. If you are having an inflatable helium bride and groom, anchor it well.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    I would second a bubble machine, but then my DS1 punched the head of the inflatable bride balloon as a joke, and it came off and spent the rest of the reception floating on the ceiling. It is in most of the photos. If you are having an inflatable helium bride and groom, anchor it well.

That's so funny:T:rotfl:
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    £1.80 on YS mince
    £1.00 on YS peas
    1p roadkill
    I saw a 5p the other day but would have to have asked two pensioners out of the way to get at it so resisted. Brooded about it all day!
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have a womble! I didn't count it last year, but I will count it this year, as it's so unexpected!
    Dd1 has math problems, and the teacher suggested math tutoring. In Belgium this is covered by the equivalent of NHS :), but only if the test shows a really bad result, which it did :( . There is a suspicion of dyscalculia :(.

So, last year, we went to the Paediatrician, who looked her over and said that physically all is fine, then to the Speech Therapist, who did the math test. Back to the Paediatrician who then prescribed 104 30-min sessions with the Speech Therapist, to be taken within a year. (In Belgium the Speech Therapist also gives math tutoring; yeah, I didn't expect it either.) So, at the end of the year the Speech Therapist did another test, and it shows that dd1 has improved a lot, but is still on dyscalculia level. We took the test to the Paediatrician, and he prescribed another 100 sessions! I was told this was not possible, but apparently, it can be done. Our advantage for the next 12 months is 100 x (€ 22.50 - €4) = € 1,850!! (GBP 1,550) We pay € 22.50 per session and get € 18.50 reimbursed.

Dd1 scores almost 100% on language, world orientation, crafts, religion, and sports (I know, the last 3 subjects are not really 'scoring' subjects ;)), and I think the results of the math test are low because she works slowly and does not finish in time. She has moments of brilliance, and a new calculating method has helped a lot, too. I'm letting her bake quite a lot at the moment, just so she understands the connection between numbers and real life :D
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    edited 20 April 2017 at 12:13PM
    Options
    Siebrie I am so glad that your daughter has been receiving appropriate support and will continue to receive it this year as well. I hope she continues to make progress in all areas of her development

I bought a black leather Osprey bag for £9 which was a saving of £5 on the Buy it now price

This week's special offers and price reductions on my weekly grocery online shop £21.36 :T

The Body Shop Order:

I saved £12 with a 30% off code :)
    I received a free gift with the order worth £20.50 :)
    I used the £5 Love Your Body voucher I had received for my Birthday :)
    I got free delivery worth £2.49 :)

#13 current total £3324.49
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,035 Forumite
    Options
    Siebrie - That's wonderful. Hope she continues to progress. I'm sure teaching her the relationship between numbers and day to day living will be enormously helpful,
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • miss_empty_piggy
    Options
    Dizzy_Imp wrote: »
    Morning fellow wombles :D

£2 egg sales, but it has been a sad wombling time for me. Nothing has come my way for ages!

Miss EP - we had a small bubble machine at our wedding (outside to avoid slippery floors) and the kids loved it. Also had a bag of stickers, colouring pencils and small toys etc. for each little one to help with boredom. It can be a l-o-n-g day to expect kids to be on their best behaviour - good luck!

thanks for the advice - I know how bored I get at weddings and I can drink alcohol!!! so it must be torture for the little ones. Loving the bubble machine idea - thanks I will be sure to get one. xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure