Wed 4th March - What small DFW-style things will you do today?

Options

Comments

• koselur
    koselur Posts: 97 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Oh also - I also have an indoor kitty - he eats the spiders but that's about it!
    LBM - 3rd March 2015 - [STRIKE]£3604[/STRIKE] £0
    Debt-free [STRIKE]by Oct 16[/STRIKE] Jan 16
  • f0nz
    f0nz Posts: 198 Forumite
    Options
    New to this so apologies if I don't do it right. Instead of doing the usual and going out for coffee on a rare day off with hubby I've signed us both up to go and read stories at littlies nursery tomorrow for world book day. Building up the courage to actually tell hubby now :eek:
    Amigo (49.9%) 24/01: [STRIKE]£2446.21 £2320.17 £1799.01 £1117.12 £775.30 £559.66 £435.21 [/STRIKE] £0
    HMRC (0%) 24/01: [STRIKE]£741 £641 £524 £424 £324 £124 [/STRIKE] £0

Emergency Savings: £1000

:eek: debt free 04/08/2015 after a long 8 year battle :j
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    f0nz wrote: »
    New to this so apologies if I don't do it right. Instead of doing the usual and going out for coffee on a rare day off with hubby I've signed us both up to go and read stories at littlies nursery tomorrow for world book day. Building up the courage to actually tell hubby now :eek:
    Don't worry - there's no right or wrong way :)
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • twiggy86
    twiggy86 Posts: 2,137 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all!

Massive thanks for all the good luck wishes! No idea how the interview went - been over analysing everything I said and didn't say since I walked out!

Good luck for today JoJo, hope it's going well!

I managed to borrow a dress and blazer from a friend for my interview, so only had to buy shoes and tights. I did buy a dress and blazer but I'll return those later, although I will need to get some clothes if I get this job but will hopefully be on more money (they didn't tell me the wage but know roughly what I'm on now).

So today I have/will:
    * Check banks
    * Take pack lunch to work
    * Transfer money from clothes pot to cover spends (doesn't quite cover it so will have to use some of the buffer I leave in my bank)
    * Fill water bottle up at work
    * Check FPL
    * Take back clothes
    * Dinner from stores
    * NSD? - Oops already spent something (amazing how quickly you forget!)

I think that's everything but my brain is still a little fried from interview stress/nerves!

Hope you all have a good day!
    Starting again..
  • twiggy86
    Options
    f0nz wrote: »
    I think this sounds great! Good luck telling your hubby!
    Starting again..
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Not a good day for me moneysaving wise.

I planned to bring in some houmous but son had eaten it in the early hours of the morning to had to buy a sandwich and I'm in such a bad mood (I work with idiots!) that I bought a doughnut (one of the expensive ones!) to go with it.

I've had an offer on my house (for £25k less than asking price) which I have rejected, will have to wait to see what they come back with but at the moment I've not found anything I love and I don't care if they can't afford it. This will be my last house move (if in fact I move at all) and the equity in my house represents everything I've worked for nearly 40 years for so I'm not about to hand it to anyone else on a plate!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    Twiggy - go have nice cup of tea/glass of wine (don't know your circumstances!), pop on some good tunes and have a dance for 20 mins. It'll get your mind clear of over-analysing it :)
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • twiggy86
    Options
    Twiggy - go have nice cup of tea/glass of wine (don't know your circumstances!), pop on some good tunes and have a dance for 20 mins. It'll get your mind clear of over-analysing it :)
    Thanks for the suggestion! I may give this a try when I get home (may get sacked/institutionalised if I start dancing round the office suddenly!) :rotfl:
    Starting again..
  • gemnomnom
    gemnomnom Posts: 178 Forumite
    Options
    Posting at work for a change :)

Been keeping up with the housework as per OH's prerequisite to getting a dog! Also brought in all food I've eaten at work for 4 days now, saving ~£18!

Checked online banking, things are looking good. Two weeks until payday! Just awaiting online banking details to come through before I can transfer some savings out.

We've been challenging some potential discrimination against a blind customer at OH's work. Will post the outcome when known.

Need to:
    - Empty dishwasher
    - Check if we've had any unwanted visitors...
    - Do a Lidl shop
    - Email Yorkshire Evening Post
    - Cook some more food for dinners & lunches
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :)

A short list from me today, as I have been to a hospital appointment and feel a bit like a pin cushion :(

Still, they don't need to see me again :T

Hope you feel better soon Ally. How on earth can your work discipline you for being ill? Do they want you to pass it on to everybody else? Seriously, that flu bug is really nasty. I had it before Xmas and it took ages to go. Take care.

Hope your first day back at work went well Jojo :)

Nice to see new posters again :)

Right, so what have I done / going to do:

Small shop at Lidls on the way back from the hospital

Rest of the steak and kidney pie I made yesterday for supper - just need to warm it up and cook some fresh veg :)

Make a loaf in the bread maker (must do this in a minute)

Heating off - I had a fiddle with the bloomin thermostat thingy this morning as it came on in the middle of the night :eek: I hate the controller thing with a passion, as it is so darn complicated, and it seems to make up its own mind when it comes on whatever you do :mad: I think I have sorted it now - it is definitely off and OH has lit the woodburner :D

Emailed a freecycle lady who asked too late for some books I was getting rid of, for an upcoming sale in aid of a day centre she is involved with. I am sure I can find some more clutter for her :)

A bit of a pathetic list today I am afraid, but I am tired after not much sleep last night. I was a bit apprehensive about the tests I had to have today, which could have indicated something serious (but thankfully didn't :))
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure