PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thursday 30th April 2015

Options
O/S Daily Thursday 30th April 2015

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Birthday wishes to those celebrating a birthday, hope you have a great day x

Hugs and get well wishes to those that want/need them.

Now light, mixture of sun and light cloud, and windy – air still feels cold too. Dry under foot though, even after the heavy rainfall yesterday morning – everywhere has dried up quite quickly. Load of washing to go on the line shortly.

DH up and gone to work stupid early. DS1 now getting ready for work. Will wake DS2 shortly, so he can ready for school.

Dinner last night was HM roasted med veg tart, jacket potatoes, chicken dippers (for the menfolk), salad and HM coleslaw – the only LO’s is one small piece of veg tart that’s safely in the fridge. We were going to have pork steaks, pots and veg, but I’ve got some bacon that needs using up, so may do egg, bacon, wedges and beans instead.

Work yesterday was quite steady – so passed fairly quickly. I had a nail appointment in the afternoon, stopped off at MrL on the way home to pick up some more lettuce and some ham – the lettuce was on offer and big packets of vine cherry tomatoes, so got both of those as I eat loads of tomatoes, and menfolk have lettuce so spent a bit more than I was planning but all bits I’ll use. Didn’t get my normal chores done due to being later home than normal, so I’ll be doing those this morning. I need to crack on with the other chores, housework, washing, drying and ironing all need doing as well as packing if I get chance, if not I can do that tomorrow.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Weather looks as if it will be a lovely day, here's hoping.

Had a eventful evening yesterday after all. Did my first teaching session and had a thoroughly enjoyed myself. Eight adults turned despite no-one actually booking in so that was a good surprise to start with. I have rediscovered my love of teaching adults and actually watched one older woman have a jaw-dropping moment of realisation. Fingers crossed they all turn up next week!

Whilst sitting in the car waiting for a colleague to arrive I saw an accident happen, a transit type van ended up in a ditch to avoid a car turning right. No one hurt.

On the way home, and just 400 yards from home, I suddenly came across a group of six or seven deer grazing just on the outer edge of a patch of conifers. I stopped the car to watch them, some ambled off because they were wary, some did a bit more chewing before they too ambled off and one just stood and stared at me so I drove very slowly past it. It's such a pleasure to see them but I'm not often out and about at dawn or in the gloaming anymore.

After all that yesterday I need to just finish my packing for the weekend. London Town here we come.

There's egg mayo for breakfast, pea soup for lunch and the we're off down to Glasgow for an overnight stay. I'll but some peppermint oil to deter the little field mouse which visited the other night.

Hope everyone had a good day.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning Everyone

Elona - Good to hear from you, remember yourself in all this, I'm sure DDs are looking after you. Many hugs to you and your family.
    Butterfly Brain - I think a trip to the doctor is in order!

Thanks for all the tips re the stove, I have ordered a thermometer, moisture meter and a glove - fed up of trying to use my sleeve!

There is blue sky here this morning (with clouds but the blue is very important!). It makes a change from the terrible wet and wintry weather we've had the last few days.

Not got a load of washing today, by tomorrow there will probably be about 3! DW emptied. I made a sponge, biscuits and a mince pie last night in a burst of energy - only problem is I will probably eat some of them.

Work and hospice today, probably salmon for tea. Hope you all have a good day. Take care. XX
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Bright beautiful day here although a bit cold off to work for me, but its getting closer to the weekend !

Sausage egg and chips for dinner will get some fresh duck eggs from work which are delish. Shopping coming tonight and dd also coming for the night as she is at work with me tomorrow.

Tru thanks love, the placement meeting went really well they just have to iron out a few details but hopefully she will be starting next Tuesday, its for a women and children refuge so should be really interesting, and she should be able to do some good there xx

Elona the rest home sounds like a fab idea, he will be really close but he will get all the support he needs xxx

Have good days all xx
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Good morning all,

Blue sky this morning, but still very cool

ELONA good to hear from you, much love and strength to you all, and I hope you manage to settle DH in a lovely place.

JUDI good to hear from you as well, we need photos of Soldier when he arrives :)

GERS well done on the adult teaching, and I am sure they will all turn up next week .

I have an A*da delivery later today, I don't order fresh food, but we have all the heavy things delivered, cat litter, bottled water, and any tins we need for the store cupboard, together with soap capsules and fabric conditioner, and we have to go to pick up our prescriptions, I can't believe how quickly the months pass, and it is May tomorrow.

Have a good day

Candlelightx
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning one and all. Miserable start here today - it kind of matches my mood!

What a debacle at the hospital yesterday. Got checked in for the op, then checked again! Got into gown and elegant paper knickers, anaethetist came to check me out and explain the procedure, then waited for the surgeon who, I was told, would be round next to see me before the op. I waited, and waited, and waited .....! Sister kept popping in to apologise for the long wait. After 4 hours she came in to say the surgeon was still in theatre with his 9.15 operation! By this time it was 4.00 in the afternoon! So the rest of his ops were being cancelled and we would be sent another date within 28 days! So given a coffee and some biscuits and sent home!

We had just got through the door when the phone rang - it was a lovely young lady asking if I could make next Tuesday for my op. This time, instead of the big hospital, it would be at the lovely private clinic (Yorkshire Clinic) instead. So a small consolation for the wasted day. Hospitals seem to have taken over our lives these last two years.

I shouldn't moan on as there are lots with problems on here just now. BB, yes go back to the doctor. JUDI I feel for you but it will be wonderful to see your DD after all this time. ELONA I can't imagine how you must be feeling but my thoughts are with you all. You are fortunate to have your DD's supporting you and you seem to have found a wonderful place for your DH to be looked after. Look after yourself too.

A boring shopping morning for me today, followed by a bit of ironing. I stocked the fridge with easy meals for Mr TA in case I didn't feel up to cooking after my op so they will have to be eaten up today and the fridge restocked with more before next Tuesday!!

Have a good day if you can and take care whatever you are up to xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]redruby Sounds great! So pleased it went well xx[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]elona Nice to hear from you xx[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Ahhhhh there's nothing quite like a dose of passive-aggressiveness first thing in the morning, it sets you up nicely for the day Roll_Eyes_Smiley_by_Mirz123_zpsfacaf1cf.gif Just as well I'm by myself for the whole day, I think.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I woke up at 5.30am. I've been working this morning, it's the only time I get any peace. I managed a whole interrupted hour :D I plan to get a bit more done later, we'll see how it goes. I've got two loads of clean washing to fold and put away, the shopping's being delivered, I want to sort and tidy the freezer in the kitchen too. My blanket pattern's not going well – it looked lovely in my head! - so I'll unravel and start again.

:beer:
    [/FONT]
    Bulletproof
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good Morning everyone we have blue sky and sunshine here today but with quite a breeze blowing so it still feels chilly. Boys are out on walkies and I'm pottering and cooking more rhubarb, and more rhubarb and then some!!!

ELONA it's good to know that you won't have to travel so far to visit Mr.E and a care home will give him all the help he needs for comfort and give you and the family a much needed respite too. You need to recharge your batteries and you'll be able to do that knowing he IS well cared for and as comfortable as he can be. Take care of yourself pet, we'll always be here for you if you need us.

Have yourselves a relly good day everyone, Lyn xxx.
  • tooties
    tooties Posts: 801 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone,

I do hope everyone is well, if not then you have my very best wishes.

Very dull with big black clouds this morning, i too don't have a full load of laundry.

I have a quietish day planned, my short list of chores, doggy duties and i wan't to finish the ribbing on the sleeves of the jacket i am knitting.

Shepards pie for tea tonight, i can get that made this morning as i am really tired by around 4pm most days.

Hope everyone has a great day

Regards
    :j
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))) if you need one.

Elona, good to see you posting and pleased to hear that you are going to get some respite from caring for your husband. I know what its like and there comes a time when you need the break even if its only for a few days.

Sunny here this morning, it keeps clouding over, may get rain later.
    SIL is due this morning, have the best cups and silverware out for HRH!!! Just hope OH does not have a dizzy whilst she is here, although it might do her good to see what I have to cope with on a daily basis.

Patchwork class this afternoon, need to load the stuff into the car ready for a quick getaway after SIL goes.

Am risking leaving OH for the afternoon, fingers crossed he is ok.

DD was here yesterday she is starting her last fortnight at the home, she goes away a week on Saturday and comes back to a new job.

Ofsky, want to do the veg for tonights supper so I just have to cook it when I get in.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure