Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    Marmite, I got the 5 for £1 chocs aswell, and they didnt show on receupt either, I wonder if I got the right ones aswell.

Neither the Buttons or Chomp show on the APG...Nor can I find them in the 5 4 1 online 100% sure they were in the 5 4 1 deal...
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A v M today...

Candles worked....I noticed that the biscuit is also in the 3 4 2 so should compare against Morries to...

I did the chocolate shop but it didn't show the 5 4 1 on the receipt....Did I get the right ones...Help please...Do I need to go back for my GC...:D

Dairy milk buttons 14.4. gms
    Freddo 18 gms
    Chomp 23.5 gms
    Fudge 25.5 gms
    Curly Wurly 26 gms

8 items (7 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x Cadbury Fudge Chocolate Bar (25.5g) £0.25 £0.30
    2x Glade Luscious Cherry & Peony Large Scented Candle Air Freshener (each) £12.00 £8.00
    0.14x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo Chocolate Bar (18g) £0.25 £0.30
    1x Cadbury Curly Wurly Bar (26g) £0.35 £0.30
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (4pt) £1.09 £1.10
    1x Glade Clean Linen Large Scented Candle Air Freshener (each) £6.00 £4.00
    1x Pilgrims Choice Extra Mature Cheddar Cheese (350g) £2.00 N/A
    Comparison total (compared products only) £20.04 £14.10
    +£5.94 cheaper

What biscuit?:eek:
    Please and thanks to make my M list 'complete' - which specific product are you referring to? TIA.
  • emmad5689
    emmad5689 Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Options
    abailey54 wrote: »
    Aren't the nivea kisses £1.87 at t?

Yes sorry mistype however price works out the same as I did that from the proper price x
    To get to Disneyland Florida 2016
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 1 December 2017 at 2:48PM
    Options
    Neither the Buttons or Chomp show on the APG...Nor can I find them in the 5 4 1 online 100% sure they were in the 5 4 1 deal...

Of course they are.
    Don't be getting two:eek: triggers though on a shop - only need one:rotfl:.

They are in the same situation as the Tomato Ketchup crisps and the Heinz Lentil & Bacon - they are showing as "Unavailable" on a.com: if you search for them in the search box on the site, they don't get returned in any results (at least not when logged out, I haven't tried when logged in) but searching their name and "Asda" on a general search on Google brings them up such as here for example:

https://groceries.asda.com/product/single-bars-bags/cadbury-chomp-chocolate-bar/910003083849

They are on the site therefore, they don't come up in a search on the site but they are there, showing as "Item unavailable".

Is there any way to do a search on a search engine for the graphic, the "Item unavailable" icon and the trolley with the cross on it, to identify all pages on which the graphic appears on a.com? Could be useful if we could identify all allegedly "Unavailable" items on the site to see if any are in other offers that we don't already know about.
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    What biscuit?:eek:
    Please and thanks to make my M list 'complete' - which specific product are you referring to? TIA.

This one Savvy....

Glade Homemade Biscuit Delight Candle 224g

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    Of course they are.
    Don't be getting two:eek: triggers though on a shop - only need one:rotfl:.

They are in the same situation as the Tomato Ketchup crisps and the Heinz Lentil & Bacon - they are showing as "Unavailable" on a.com: if you search for them in the search box on the site, they don't get returned in any results (at least not when logged out, I haven't tried when logged in) but searching their name and "Asda" on a general search on Google brings them up such as here for example:

https://groceries.asda.com/product/single-bars-bags/cadbury-chomp-chocolate-bar/910003083849

My mistake but if I went back to Asda...As now being overcharged...Would I not be entitled to a nice £2 GC...:rotfl:..I see some profit here...

• marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    A v T

L @ B soup still OK, as is the Ketchup crisps....Don't get excited by the Jacob Cracker crisps...I like these and its a good comparison and filler for Ts

9 items (8 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Tesco
    1x Ainsley Harriott New England Vegetable Chowder Cup Soup (75g) £1.00 £0.50
    2x Ainsley Harriott Broccoli & Stilton Cup Soup (72g) £2.00 £1.00
    1x Jacob's Cracker Crisps Smoky Barbecue (150g) £1.00 £0.99
    1x McCoy's Ridge Cut The Classics Potato Crisps Variety Pack (6x27g) £1.45 £1.00
    1x Ainsley Harriott Cream of Wild Mushroom Cup Soup (75g) £1.00 £0.50
    1x McCoy's Flame Grilled Steak Flavour Ridge Cut Potato Crisps (6x27g) £1.45 £1.00
    1x Jacob's Cracker Crisps Sour Cream & Chive (150g) £1.00 £0.99
    1x Jacob's Cracker Crisps Sea Salt & Balsamic Vinegar (150g) £1.00 £0.99
    Comparison total (compared products only) £9.90 £6.97
    +£2.93 cheaper

• LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Options
    gocat wrote: »
    Yeah but the getting the £5 back bit doesnt start till tomorrow. You might not get the £5 back on your 2 transactions from today.
    I could be wrong though. Hope I am :)

they are holding the transaction over...they know all about small shops and the promotion and have done similar in previous years....they are grateful of the increased business it generates.
    Thats why they were happy to take the details of both cards and put them through tomorrow.

It also means I have my order placed and they can start preparing for what is a busy time for them.
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • poundsinbucks
    Options
    A bit late to the party, but finally got some Fusion razor blades after asking staff member to look out the back for more packs :T. 3 4packs for £22 generating £9.73 APG, using sweetie fillers which will be handy for xmas stockings :D. Also got 3 £10 giftsets generating £19.34 APG 👍.

Poundsinbucks x 😎
    🥳🥳 SW -6st 3.5lbs 🥳🥳
  • tpwl66_2
    tpwl66_2 Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    Today I’ve recieved my waities vouchers! Yay! I have £6 of £30 & £8 of £40; so I’ve seen there’s lots of chocolates half price today only! So seems a good opportunity to get the Christmas choccies, what I need to know is if I buy them will the till come up as full price before it deducts the voucher, so that I can actually only spend a small amount & use my vouchers, I’m so sorry if this has already been asked,but would be very very grateful is someone could put me right on this x I’ve been trying to catch up & got another 42 Pages to read through! time I’ve done that the daily offer would have finished :rotfl: Hello to everyone, & happy weekend guys x :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure