The Evil of Windows 10.

Options

Comments

• Blue_smurf_2
    Options
    Windows 10 = spyware

An excerpt from Microsoft's 12,000 word terms of use
    We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to.

Users can opt out of this feature but it defaults to on, how many Win 10 users know that Microsoft is accessing their personal information?
  • amistupid
    amistupid Posts: 55,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The Evil of Windows 10.

There's more evil behind the door of no. 10. :)
    In memory of Chris Hyde #867
  • quidsinquentin
    Options
    tommix wrote: »
    I wouldn't download Win10 for all the tea in china. From the stuff I've read it sounds like a right pain in the posterior..Probably peeps who are computer savvy are Ok with it. I'm not Computer savvy. In fact I'm Computer unsavvy if anything.

I heard it takes 20 hours to download and goes wrong all the time...Sod that, I'm happy with Win7, I know where I am with it.:beer:
    Got the perennial messages to download W10 onto my Windows tablet, and eventually did it.

The tablet now makes an interesting coaster but nothing else. As soon as W10 was loaded onto it, it stopped working and hasn't worked since. By 'not working', I mean it wouldn't even turn on.
    The atmosphere is currently filled with hypocrisy so thick that it could be sliced, wrapped, and sold in supermarkets for a decent price and labeled, 'Wholegrain Left-Wing, Middle-Class, Politically-Correct Organic Hypocrisy'.
  • kabayiri
    kabayiri Posts: 22,740 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Got the perennial messages to download W10 onto my Windows tablet, and eventually did it.

The tablet now makes an interesting coaster but nothing else. As soon as W10 was loaded onto it, it stopped working and hasn't worked since. By 'not working', I mean it wouldn't even turn on.

Have you tried putting W10 on a tablet sized coaster?

It might turn it into an usable tablet. :)
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Blue_smurf wrote: »
    Windows 10 = spyware

An excerpt from Microsoft's 12,000 word terms of use

Users can opt out of this feature but it defaults to on, how many Win 10 users know that Microsoft is accessing their personal information?

That's been widely known since the very beginning and TBH, anyone with any sense switched the privacy-sapping options off from the start- and when updates switch them on again!
  • wymondham
    wymondham Posts: 6,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    How many people who are paranoid about Windows 10 also have Facebook? Now that's where their paranoid should be aimed!
  • evenasus
    evenasus Posts: 11,861 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We put Windows 10 on the main PC and two laptops. Easy enough to download and update.
    I didn't like it at all, so reverted back to Windows 7 or rather tried to.
    I used the Windows revert back option but it failed miserably :mad: and I had to do a complete reinstall from the back-up discs.
  • Gaz83
    Gaz83 Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Seems to me windows 10 is tying you into only using (and hence buying) Microsoft applications.
    Microsoft have tried to do this for years. It's no different to Ford only wanting you to buy Ford bulbs for your car, or Canon only wanting you to buy Canon inks for your printer.
    For example try changing your default photo viewer to anything other the the Windows app or the few other apps they list. If the app is not on that list, as many free photo apps are, you are shafted.
    This isn't true.
    "Facism arrives as your friend. It will restore your honour, make you feel proud, protect your house, give you a job, clean up the neighbourhood, remind you of how great you once were, clear out the venal and the corrupt, remove anything you feel is unlike you... [it] doesn't walk in saying, "our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."
  • tommix
    tommix Posts: 41,256 Forumite
    edited 11 October 2016 at 1:54PM
    Options

There you go..Load of cobblers if you ask me. Why would anyone want to download something that doesn't work? Oh sure it'll work eventually after you've waited 20 hours for it download and fixed the myriad problems associated with the damn thing..

Probably very nice, providing you haven't had a heart attack by the time you reach the perfection you seek.:cool:
  • quidsinquentin
    quidsinquentin Posts: 42,693 Forumite
    Options
    tommix wrote: »
    There you go..Load of cobblers if you ask me. Why would anyone want to download something that doesn't work? Oh sure it'll work eventually after you've waited 20 hours for it download and fixed the myriad problems associated with the damn thing..

Probably very nice, if you haven't had a heart attack by the time you reach the perfection you seek.:cool:
    I wish someone would take out a legal case against MS over this issue. My tablet was less than a year old and a present. It worked fine - perfectly - before W10, and I was happy with it.

It sits on my desk now like a dead thing. And it !!!!es me off no end.
    The atmosphere is currently filled with hypocrisy so thick that it could be sliced, wrapped, and sold in supermarkets for a decent price and labeled, 'Wholegrain Left-Wing, Middle-Class, Politically-Correct Organic Hypocrisy'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure