IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN from PPS Hull Dock

Options

Comments

• PEfighter
    PEfighter Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 14 May 2014 at 12:48AM
    Options
    Nobody seems to have mentioned Relevant Land. As this land is Hull Docks it should come under the ports authority legislation, therefore it isnt relevant land as per the Southampton/Town? Quay carpark.

As the docks have security guards, and a barrier at the entrance to the docks, the motorist is TOLD where to park, its not an invitation. thoughts anyone?
    Byparking at the site it is acknowledged that the complainant accepted our termsand conditions otherwise they were free to park elsewhere.

or maybe I'm missing something?
  • b1rdie
    b1rdie Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Not sure what to do now, do I just leave it and wait for POPLA to write to me or do I try and pull something else together and send to POPLA prior to their decision. At the bottom of the letter that P Parking sent it states that :Regarding the registered keeper details this has not yet been applied for as the complainant has always indicated they were driving the vehicle Should this change we will apply for registered keeper’s details accordingly.

Ive never said to them that I was the driver of the vehicle as I wasnt......
  • hoohoo
    hoohoo Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Options
    I would write to popla and ask to add representations that the cost of the charge, at the point of sending the initial letter to the motorist is confirmed by the operator to be

Post 3.00
    Printing 1.50
    DVLA fees - £5
    Attendants (PCN recording and issuing) for the appeal 2.60

This totals £12.10, which is nowhere near the initial charge of £60.

In addition you query the postage cost of £3 as £0.60 is more likely, the DVLA fee of £5 as it is known to be £2.50 and the printing cost of £1.50 as £0.10 is more likely for one double sided PCN.

Your estimated total is therefore £5.80

PPS cannot use people who pay within 14 days to subsidise late payers. If the rest of the fees are truly representational, which you do not believe, then the charge should be £6 for paying within 14 days and £100 after that time.
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    These outfits truly know how to blow both feet off with just one pull on the [STRIKE]trigger[/STRIKE] keyboard.

I presume the shot before took their brains away :cool:
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • b1rdie
    Options
    hoohoo wrote: »

Post 3.00
    Printing 1.50
    DVLA fees - £5

Also the letters all refer to the initial charge of £60.00 but on the the actual PCN that was stuck to the window of the car it states £50.00 which I did point out at my initial appeal to PPS but the case letter they sent to POPLA and copied me into still states the amount of £60.00
  • hoohoo
    hoohoo Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Options
    b1rdie wrote: »
    hoohoo wrote: »

Post 3.00
    Printing 1.50
    DVLA fees - £5

Also the letters all refer to the initial charge of £60.00 but on the the actual PCN that was stuck to the window of the car it states £50.00 which I did point out at my initial appeal to PPS but the case letter they sent to POPLA and copied me into still states the amount of £60.00

Put that in your representation as well, so the assessor does not miss it
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 28 May 2014 at 12:59PM
    Options
    Just email an updated comment to POPLA having reviewed the PPC's 'evidence' and have a look at the Prankster's blog about this:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/total-parking-solutions-set-overstay.html

Read that article from this week - the lower bit about PPS at Hull Docks - he's seen your thread here & you could use some of his wording in your email to POPLA.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • b1rdie
    Options
    It is now saying this information on PPS website
    10-03-2014 POPLA appeals and pre-estimation of loss
    In the latest round of Parking on Private Land Appeals (POPLA) service adjudications PPS continue to win these appeals including where drivers have relied on a perceived genuine pre-estimation of loss issue. The advice given on many internet forums is inaccurate, so please be aware that this is NOT a genuine reason for appeal and as can be seen from these adjudications this is not accepted by POPLA.
    Examples of recent adjudications found in our favour can be seen here:

Adjudication 1
    Adjudication 2
    Adjudication 3
    Adjudication 4
    Adjudication 5

16-10-2013 DON'T BELIEVE THE FORUMS Victory in the County Courts
    Judge endorses POPLA decision!
  • Hot_Bring
    Hot_Bring Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    Options
    b1rdie wrote: »
    It is now saying this information on PPS website
    10-03-2014 POPLA appeals and pre-estimation of loss
    In the latest round of Parking on Private Land Appeals (POPLA) service adjudications PPS continue to win these appeals including where drivers have relied on a perceived genuine pre-estimation of loss issue. The advice given on many internet forums is inaccurate, so please be aware that this is NOT a genuine reason for appeal and as can be seen from these adjudications this is not accepted by POPLA.
    Examples of recent adjudications found in our favour can be seen here:

Adjudication 1
    Adjudication 2
    Adjudication 3
    Adjudication 4
    Adjudication 5

16-10-2013 DON'T BELIEVE THE FORUMS Victory in the County Courts
    Judge endorses POPLA decision!

They're trying to scare people ! That is their business model - make people so afraid they pay up. You will win at POPLA.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Seems just 2 POPLA Assessors were involved in the 5 examples above. Perhaps they've been 'taken in' by the PPS breakdown?

In future PPS cases on here we should be advising appellants to come back to us once they've got the PPS evidence pack with the GPEOL breakdown so we can help them dismantle it and send a rebuttal to POPLA.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport