PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Two)

Options

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,229 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    That's basically how I used to make it though I like a bit of ground ginger in it. Not made one for years, probably just as well as now I'm CFO I'd scoff the lot:o

I would have as well;):D

My "lurgy" has decided it is going to be the "gift that keeps on giving" and has played silly beggars with my balance, so I've done very little today.

I like the gift idea, my lurgy is following your pattern despite the hundreds of miles in between. Back to sniffling again, sleepless night and just skulking around. I had intended dashing out and doing all sorts, finished up on sofa with a cuppa watching the terrible Las Vegas news and having sliced banana with Greek yoghurt & honey

Due to lurgy the thought of my HM soup, whilst sounding appealing just did not appeal, so I have frozen two portions to reduce the amount staring at me

Lunch will now be real comfort CBA grub of pork pie, with mustard smeared on

Dinner has also changed from planned to easy baked spud, with I think tuna & mayo innards and maybe some side salad. Easy and convenient
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon everyone

Sorry you're both still not feeling very well caronc and farway, I hope that you soon get better.

I'm another one who had Greek yoghurt for breakfast and with a banana as well.
    Luch has been a toasted cheese sandwich.
    I got quite a lot of y/s veg yesterday so I'm having some cod with parsley sauce, mashed potatoes and lots of veg for dinner.

Having looked at the amount of veg, I've got a feeling that I may have bought too much and will have trouble using it up :(.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,229 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon everyone

Sorry you're both still not feeling very well caronc and farway, I hope that you soon get better.

I'm another one who had Greek yoghurt for breakfast and with a banana as well.
    Luch has been a toasted cheese sandwich.
    I got quite a lot of y/s veg yesterday so I'm having some cod with parsley sauce, mashed potatoes and lots of veg for dinner.

Having looked at the amount of veg, I've got a feeling that I may have bought too much and will have trouble using it up :(.

Thanks for the thoughts

You have another meal in the making there HH, just do extra mash & veg and you have got a Bubble & squeak in waiting. Only needs frying & brown sauce, plus could go wild and bung an egg on the top for protein

The pork pie lunch was excellent. I know PPs are rubbish, but oh they are so tasty. I made mine extra healthy but having a fresh tomato & some black olives with it ;)
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Just had lunch and made it the main meal for the day.

So pasta with a sauce of loads of tomatoes (from the garden), pesto, garlic scapes (from the garden) and a bit of quorn mince I'm using up (so as not to waste it) with various flavourings. Bit of grated parmesan on top (so as not to waste it). Accompanied by a salad of greens from the garden with topping of yogurt with lemon juice in.

Little gap in stomach filled by drink of rice milk. Didnt have room for any fruit even.
  • Hollyharvey
    Options
    Farway wrote: »
    You have another meal in the making there HH, just do extra mash & veg and you have got a Bubble & squeak in waiting. Only needs frying & brown sauce, plus could go wild and bung an egg on the top for protein
    Yes, I may well do that, I haven't had bubble and squeak for ages. I may have that with some gammon tomorrow for dinner :).
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't cry when I cut onions.

I have a soup in the slow cooker .... which is in the kitchen, the window has been opened in there. The kitchen door is closed. Then there is the hallway, then the living room. The door of the living room is closed. The patio door in the living room is open.... and STILL my eyes are burning and my nose is irritated!
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Options
    You know you shouldn't be cooking when ... you can't find the tub of Bisto granules.... you had them earlier. You'd tidied up after yourself ... so they're here somewhere.... but where.

Ah ... they're in the fridge :)
  • Hollyharvey
    Options
    You know you shouldn't be cooking when ... you can't find the tub of Bisto granules.... you had them earlier. You'd tidied up after yourself ... so they're here somewhere.... but where.

Ah ... they're in the fridge :)
    :rotfl: :rotfl: This is exactly the sort of thing that I do :D.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    lol re the bisto in the fridge, me too

I have gone back to morning porridge made with water and milk. I loved it this morning with a bit of maple syrup. Ordinary rolled oats organic and not jumbo, I cannot get organic jumbo in sainsburys so have had to order some online. Its that time of year when comfort eating is needed

Was busy this am so had de-frosted ratatouille with broccolli on top and a nice piece of megrim sole pan fried in butter. Later meal at teatime was a pack of miso soup with hot water and some goats cheese on sourdough. Grapefruit and a kiwi for snacks. I didn`t half fancy cake, so have made a choc cake in the bm, with choc chips and cacao and I used half the amount of sugar. I had one slice and froze the other 7 pieces quickly

I have been eating soup but could not face the amount I had left over yesterday, sad face but I did put the rest down the sink. It had no appeal whatsoever. In future I am going to make small amounts of soup. Tomorrow I will be making some berry compote, cold whole berries hold no attraction at this time of year, so compote will do nicely. I like it mixed in with some creamy thick yoghurt and a few walnuts. Just enough for three days. Its also that time of year when I like to cook a batch of dried fruit and keep it in the fridge for several days, nice with breakfast
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Options
    I don't cry when I cut onions.

I have a soup in the slow cooker .... which is in the kitchen, the window has been opened in there. The kitchen door is closed. Then there is the hallway, then the living room. The door of the living room is closed. The patio door in the living room is open.... and STILL my eyes are burning and my nose is irritated!

I don't cry with onions either:D I think we must be special ;)
    No idea what's for tea, as am full of cold n cba cooking or eating.Might be cheese on toast with HP sauce 😁
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family