No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries April 2017

Options

Comments

• maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    KT2802 wrote: »
    Thanks for the recommendation fixx how long do you leave the mask on your hair for?

McCulloch I do the same with dry shampoo, find it works better if left on my hair for a while before brushing out. Fishy smelling face cream sounds awful!!

Maddiemay are they changing the maybelline eye eraser? I bought one in the US earlier this year, paid $18 for it as didn't realise you could buy here for half the price! I do like it though (luckily)!

KT2802 - No, not that I am aware of, but I have a long established track history of matching the right shade for my fairly pale skin, finding the product is really economical and long lasting and then when going to re-purchase months/years later, all the shades have been changed, so now I belt and braces on concealer and my Clinique foundation/tinted moisturiser etc :D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    maddie - what shade of the Maybelline concealer do you use, I had light and loved the texture and staying power but found it very yellow?

I have two uu

Bare Minerals Prime Time Brightening Priemer 30ml - this came in a set and I WNBA because it separates. The lovely smooth primer clings to the sides of the bottle and the greasy liquid stays in the bottom and that is what gets pumped out and no amount of shaking changes that. I had to use the stick bit of the pump to get the primer off the sides. I have another in the stash to use too.

Burts Bees Aloe & Buttermilk Body Lotion for Sensitive Skin 170g - WBA, I really loved this and it made my skin feel very moisturised and smooth.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    maddie - what shade of the Maybelline concealer do you use, I had light and loved the texture and staying power but found it very yellow?.

I have the light too, I have a couple of long term illnesses and think that I do have a yellow tinge which I have to warm up with a light beige foundation and need always to wear blusher, I only use the concealer inside the inner eye corners and sometimes on a tiny mark I get from an allergy break out. I need reasonably strong eye make up too to give focus.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • savingfortomorrow
    Options
    crabtree and evelyn lily of the valley used up. It was ok but not very fragranced and very mild. WNBA

Bed head treatment treat me right peppermint mask. It went glooppy and sticky. I did like it but it turned very iffy by the end. WNBA
  • Houseplant26
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm nearly though what has been an incredibly intense time at work and home!

I have some UUs and I am definitely going to need some ins, was hoping to avoid buying until I'm paid but I've completely run out of conditioner.

UU:

Omorovicza perfect cleanser (I think it's called that, a rich balm in a tube) WNBA as too heavy for my skin type. I imagine it would be really nice for dryer skins. lasted forever.

Pantene pro v conditioner WNBA didn't seem to do much for me and really keen to find a more natural eco friendly cleanser.
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    One UU this morning:

Aquafresh Complete Care Whitening WDBA. My favourite toothpaste so will definitely buy again and I have a backup waiting to be used. But I'm going to try a different toothpaste.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Make up NBI - Rimmel Volume Shake Mascara, a mascara with a useful novel touch, a big heavy ballbearing in the bottle stops it from solidifying and drying out. Has some staying power.

Another NBI: Laura Geller Beauty Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator. This is a highlighter that can be used as an eyeshadow. Very pretty, but you pay for the looks.
    Didn't like the fact that the manufacturers suggest using it as an all-over facial product. It won't last 5 minutes if you do this. Well, ok it will, but not as long as you would like.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    UU of a white Pantene shampoo, the one that was being re-purposed as laundry gel.
    I've lined up another bottle that has been sat in the bathroom for about a year to take its place.
    I also have 2 bottles of shampoo to give to my grandson. Grand-daughter had her share a while ago.
    Three bottles left the premises on the weekend, as previously mentioned.
    I will thin this herd... I will....
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Make up NBI - Rimmel Volume Shake Mascara, a mascara with a useful novel touch, a big heavy ballbearing in the bottle stops it from solidifying and drying out. Has some staying power.

Another NBI: Laura Geller Beauty Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator. This is a highlighter that can be used as an eyeshadow. Very pretty, but you pay for the looks.
    Didn't like the fact that the manufacturers suggest using it as an all-over facial product. It won't last 5 minutes if you do this. Well, ok it will, but not as long as you would like.

Which Illuminator did you get? I have both Ballerina and Gilded Hiney. I can use them both all over as they are subtle on my skin tone. I haven't made a dent in either. Do prefer to use Gilded Honey as an eyeshadow.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    6 LUSH Prince This was nice but of all the shave creams I prefer Dirty.

7 LUSH Cup o Coffee HG WDBA and today. Am going to Trafford Centre and have my 5 pots to trade in.

TA 2 nail colours yesterday: OPI Mrs O'Leary's BBQ and Muir Muir On The Wall. The first was old and I wasn't getting much product on the brush and the second is a colour I rarely reach for. Wearing it now but it does nothing for me. Will repaint today.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family