Fsdn 08448 842865

Options
2»

Comments

• Lugh_Chronain
    Lugh_Chronain Posts: 6,867 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm still waiting for a reply from the ICO too and will post their reply here when/if I get one.
  • Nick_Fr.
    Options
    Received multiple 02031370635 calls via answerphone in past few days. Rang number back to get pre-recorded message. Tried website contact number rings for over 5 mins then goes dead. In frustration rang BT nuisance calls and very helpfull. Number provided through Telephony Services. Also rang so called partners as listed on website said they would try to stop calls. Perhaps worth doing this as so called partners will soon get fed up of calls. Complaining to ICO office.
  • Nick_Fr.
    Options
    Just spoke to ICO say nothing they can do as no message being left just the pre recorded message on call back number so not breaching legislation as you are calling them this loophole needs closing. Suggested calling OFCOM.
    How can you stop them keep calling? Its ok not picking up but very hard to stop calls despite being on Call Preference Service and ex-directory.
  • Lugh_Chronain
    Options
    First of all Nick_Fr. being ex-directory want make a difference as direct marketing calls are probably done randomly. For example, all they would have to do is pick a number from a directories, that number could be 020 1234 5678. Then what they most likely do is change one of the numbers so the above number would then be 020 1234 5679. I imagine this is how they got your number in the first place.

And secondly, did you quote the email I posted from TPS to the ICO?

"marketers who leave recorded phone messages must obtain prior consent from the subscriber before they can make such a call." This complies with the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.

Can you also post the number you talk about in your first post?

Thanks
  • BECKYC1
    BECKYC1 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Well since i pressed 9 during the call I have received no further cals and that was nearly 2 wks ago. I didnt even consider if they would charge for that as it didnt direct me anywhere. Not had y phone bill yet but if I have been charged , needless to say I won't be impressed:mad: . Will keep you posted.
  • superscaper
    superscaper Posts: 13,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Was called once by this number/company last week. Reported it to TPS and Ofcom since we're on the TPS list.
    "She is quite the oddball. Did you notice how she didn't even get excited when she saw this original ZX-81?"
    Moss
  • Lugh_Chronain
    Options
    Well since I registered a complaint to TPS I've not had any more calls from 020 3137 0635 and let’s hope it stays like that. I've not had a blinkin’ reply from the ICO yet, I'm not sure if I'll even get one. I some how doubt it!
    BECKYC1 wrote: »
    Well since i pressed 9 during the call I have received no further cals and that was nearly 2 wks ago. I didnt even consider if they would charge for that as it didnt direct me anywhere. Not had y phone bill yet but if I have been charged , needless to say I won't be impressed:mad: . Will keep you posted.

Are you registered for online billing BECKYC1? If you are you should be able to check if you've been billed for this.
  • PACGU
    PACGU Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    If your intersted to know more about these chumps check this out.

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/02031370635/6
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport