Thursday 5 May 2016. What small dfw stuff will you do today?

Options

Comments

• make_the_change
    Options
    Good Morning,

That's a good list, we do most of those things already, especially having three kiddies to get ready and out the door!

DD has woken in a foul mood, insisted on wearing a scarf despite it being really warm and brilliant sunshine. Has generally ignored me most of the morning, screamed because her plaster fell off her grazed hand and then demanded sweets despite my prompt reply of 'no' :mad:

Today we have the HV coming so will open up about feelings and anxiety. Might pop into town (feeling lazy!!) but have a few bits I need to do. Dinner is jacket potato with homemade mushroom sauce and salad. Managed to have a hot bath and and early night last night, it was much needed.

Right, must dash as DS2 is getting grouchy! Nap time!
    DMP Started June 2016
  • make_the_change
    Options
    HV has been. Had a good chat and she will keep an eye on me. Felt good to talk although doesn't change my situation. However, on a better note, we have a viewing tomorrow :):):) not the area I wanted but not too far away from where I am now. Fingers crossed :) xx
    DMP Started June 2016
  • lambda
    lambda Posts: 222 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi All,

Sorry I haven't been checking in lately. It's been a very busy period at work for the last few weeks.

I'm still here, battling away at my debt. We managed to clear our first credit card last month, which had something like a £4000 balance on it in November last year. That was a real positive step to us.
    This month, it's been a bit tough, and I've felt the frustration and pressure build up to get this debt paid off. Now the first card is paid, we are tackling the second one head on. I have paid off £800 to it this month. That means by July that one will be paid off and we can start on card number 3.

We are paying off about £900-1000 a month on credit card debt. Once this is paid off I will have this money to save. It'll be a huge difference to us. However, finding £900-1000 in the first place means I have cut down absolutely all of my spending. I just want these stupid cards paid off. I am about half way through the debt busting, and just have to remind myself to keep going and to keep pushing myself. Every month is really making a difference to it.

Thanks, All.
    October 2015 = -13242.16 DFD 28/10/2016 £0 :T
  • TheSilverYew
    TheSilverYew Posts: 35 Forumite
    edited 5 May 2016 at 2:02PM
    Options
    Today I have:

Done self employed stuff from home.
    Not washed my hair XD
    Had breakfast at home and taken a packed lunch to work.
    Saved the bag my lunch came in for future use.
    Got free paper from Metro to use for animal bedding.
    Been to work from 9am-4pm.
    Done surveys for incentives.
    Worked on review for incentives.

Loving the lovely weather^_^:A
    Money owed [STRIKE](May 2016)[/STRIKE] July 2017 : Mortgage: [STRIKE]£83,775.72[/STRIKE] £80,189.95 Student loan: [STRIKE]£43000[/STRIKE] £38633.80 Family: £11500. :mad::eek::mad:
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 5 May 2016 at 8:38PM
    Options
    Afternoon all :)
    Thanks for starting the thread Maria - hope you manage to get that lamb feeding by itself soon! ((Hugs)) to those who are feeling low :)

Lovely day here today - spring at last :T
    So far I have:
    Turned off the heating completely :T
    Used some shopping vouchers that have been bunging up my purse for ages, to buy some meat in Iceland. This is now in the freezer!

Paid in a cheque and a bag of coins

Load of washing dry on the line :)

Had hair cut so not a NSD. Had a wash and cut only (didn't bother with the blow dry as I don't like it all prissied up anyway and it is cheaper) :)

Popped into sales unit to tidy up - a couple of items had sold, and I have just had a phone call about a larger item - hope it has sold!

Sold an item on ebay :D

HM meals from stores (used up some bits for lunch)

Done some bits in the garden - sowed French bean, cucumber and courgette seeds and put them in the mini plastic greenhouse thing; planted out some supermarket parsley that had outgrown its pot (gave it a haircut first, and chopped and froze the leaves), watered some pots that seemed a bit dry, pricked out some mizuna plants, thinned some lettuce (the thinnings will be in our salad tonight), picked some chives, and planted some sweet peas :)

A couple of surveys, checked FPL
    Listed a couple more things on ebay - determined to use my free listings allowance!
    Dog walks for free exercise

Update:
    Sold another small ebay item :T

Been to vote - only for a PCC in our area, a position which I think is an unnecessary waste of money, but if there is an election of any description, I will be voting in it!! :D Coincided it with a dog walk, as he likes to run around on the recreation ground adjoining the community centre which accommodated the polling station :)

Awaiting grocery delivery between 9-10 (it was only 75p for this delivery slot)

Hope you are all having a good day :)
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,117 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Right. Back again, as promised. Not a bad list in the end once I got going:
    *Two baths from one lot of hot water.
    *Let my hair dry naturally to save a bit of electricity.
    *Nobbled mr f about the state of the grocery budget.
    *Watered veggie garden & greenhouse.
    *Entered a competition.
    *Did next week's meal plans.
    *Started writing shopping list.
    *Made tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Free fitness working in the garden.
    *Started moving courtyard around for a new look.
    *Booked cattery. Prefer to get into the local one as it's cheaper than the other one & cat is very bad traveller. Only one break where we couldn't get him in, so will look at a new one in town I've heard about.
    *Updated my blog. Going to do this more regularly as sharing garden/veggie-growing stuff, etc, will help keep me motivated.
    *Will do a bit more of my knitting order tonight. Only one & a bit more little items to make.
    OK, must sign out - haven't been to vote yet & was aiming to get dinner in the oven while we did that. Cat is grumping about what's in his bowl too.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Wow nice busy thread today.

Maria your little lamb sounds gorgeous.
    Legomumthank you. DD now done. DS worse. He has the doctors in 20 minutes. Hoping for antibiotics to sort him out.
    Hope you have felt better as the day went on?

Hello to all the new posters.

Determined I would say I do that routine already. My biggest weakness is hoovering. I never seem to have time without people in the house...
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    legomum your comment about dates made me :rotfl: I have about half of a 3kg bag left too. Went OOD in 2010 :p

I hope your anxiety has subsided some, mine hasn't been helped by 2 stressful things that happened at work whilst I was in an all day meeting. Sometimes I wish people would think for themselves :(

Loving the sunshine though, plus was home an hour earlier than planned :T my commute home today was quicker from 140 miles than it normally is for 42 :rotfl:

Enjoy your evening folks.
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 5 May 2016 at 7:09PM
    Options
    Hi guys :wave:

OH got that job he went for today. :T It was a 'working interview' so he worked for 4 hours today too and starts full-time tomorrow. It's a temporary position (which he is quite pleased about...) but will be nice for the next few/weeks or months. :)

He also got an email from plus net confirming that they have requested our details to be removed from whatever 'bad debt' database that they put us on in error... Going to send a copy of that to the DCA so we can hopefully forget all about this mix up.

Glad you're feeling better Legomum!

Good luck for tomorrow's viewing MTC.

Catch up with you tomorrow!

xxx
  • Dontletmeletyougo
    Options
    Hi, hope you don't mind me joining you all.

Today has been my first day off in over a week and my son has been off school due to the polling day.

This morning I have chopped up the peppers we had leftover and frozen them. I then set off peeking the potatoes which looked like they were about to turn green. I par-boiled half for roasts and put them in the freezer for the future and then used the rest as mash which we had for tea and will freeze any leftover.

We then spent the morning playing board games and I got two loads of washing done and hung on the line in this lovely weather.

We then went for a walk/scoot down the prom and son went to a friends house whilst I had the dentist. Which was very painful and not an experience I wish to repeat any time soon. They were lots of expletives involved lol.

However overall it's been a no spend day. So I'm quite content. Will take my son up to bed shortly and will be looking at train tickets to go to London at the end of the month.
    [STRIKE]superhero.[/STRIKE]
    current debt as of 11/7/16: £1000.
    all I want is to live a simple but pleasurable lifestyle and be happy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure