108 spiders are a girl's best friends

Options

Comments

• Whitefeather8
    Options
    Thanks Sassy,

That sounds exactly what I need!! I have been using an app on my phone but it has not really been working for me. I find it hard to see the bigger picture on a small screen, and adding things is a bit faffy.

Do you have a link? x
    Training Loan - £1300.00/£1,500 (13%), Halifax CC 300.00/£925.00 (31%), OS Weight loss 7.0lb/24lb (29%), Extra inc Nov £220, Dec £532.00, Jan Ex Inc target £200.00. Training hours 10/100 10%
    "Health is the greatest possession. Contentment the greatest treasure. Confidence the greatest friend. Non-being is the greatest joy". Lao Tse

• supersaver1000
    Options
    Oh good I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes a paper calendar. I've got a Filofax and I can keep my work and home stuff in one place, I'd love to make the electronic calendar work for me, but would need to integrate both and I'm not sure how to do that. You can use google calendar you know and set that up on your phone and have several calendars linked (but if your work doesn't use it, like mine, you still end up with 2 calendars :().

I find once I write it in my filifax I can forget it for a while, as long as I remember to check it every day. :D

Sorry to disillusion you Wf8. I am most certainly not sorted. In a right pickle it feels, but I am hopefully going in the right direction. I am such a worrier though and that is so unproductive. My aim is not to worry but to keep going forward and hope I get somewhere good. I'm trying to use my gut feeling at the moment and am feeling more confident by the day. Just got to stop that 'can't do it feeling' taking over. I'm taking a bit of a leap of faith, feels like the Ferris wheel when it goes over the top :D

Great about your course(s). I feel so much more confident just a few weeks in, I feel like I am improving and it looks good on my CV already. We are definitely need to look after ourselves, you are so right. :)
    OSWL (start 13st) by 30Jun20 6/10
    £1/day Xmas'20-62 £214/£366 saved
    Grocery Challenge Jun £742/£320 spent
    Homeowner wannabe by July 2020 - WooHoo!!
    Starter Emergency Fund £1000/£1000 saved
  • sassychick2014
    Options
    Hey hon

There's some pretty cheap ones around as well as some ridiculously expensive so it's a case of looking really. I found my next year's one at a local shop for £1.99. I actually bought 2014 at the end of Jan from a posh calendar shop and it had a massive 70% off!! Still more than this year's though :)

I've added the google search link I did so hope that helps.

Have a good evening :) xx

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#tbs=vw:l,price:1,ppr_max:5&tbm=shop&q=family+planner+2015
    CC1: 10273.70/6892.56. CC2: 1000/832
    Cat1: PAID :j Cat 2: Paid :j Cat3: Paid :j Cat4: paid :j Family: paid :j CC3: paid :j M/A: Paid :j.
  • Whitefeather8
    Whitefeather8 Posts: 216 Forumite
    edited 24 October 2014 at 2:54PM
    Options
    Good Morning,

I am sorry Supersaver, I can’t shift the image of a super organised, happy, balanced, goal achiever from my mind. Your four synchronised heads have stuck.

As for Sassy, you are the best visualiser and manifester on the boards. 5* Australia on a 1* income is awesome.

I have ordered a half-price dodo pad. She looks formidable! If we get along, I’ll invest in the 2015 variety too.

http://www.dodopad.com/shop/2014-dodo-pad.html

Today I will plagiarise Nintud’s, highly successful, weight loss plan (I did ask first), which consists of Slimming World classes, exercising very regulary for a charity she is passionate about and snacking on plenty of beetroot and guerkins.

Welcome to the dream team :)

Today’s monster spider step 9 – The Australian Golden Orb Weaver

Join Slimming World at a local meeting. I have identified a class that starts at 9.30 am this morning. Because this step terrifies me, I will use some positive re-inforcement, to ensure success (turning up).

The venue is right next to a lovely little coffee shop and a picturesque beach. On completion of the class I will have a long walk along the beach and then a skinny latte at the cafe.
    Training Loan - £1300.00/£1,500 (13%), Halifax CC 300.00/£925.00 (31%), OS Weight loss 7.0lb/24lb (29%), Extra inc Nov £220, Dec £532.00, Jan Ex Inc target £200.00. Training hours 10/100 10%
    "Health is the greatest possession. Contentment the greatest treasure. Confidence the greatest friend. Non-being is the greatest joy". Lao Tse

• sassychick2014
    Options
    Morning hon

I will take that compliment, thank you very much! Although I did have to google what a manifester was first :)

I firmly believe that you can do anything you set your mind to do but you have to really want it first. Of course, surrounding yourself with positive people is a big bonus, something these boards help with.

Have fun at your class, just think of that lovely beach and drink afterwards. Almost tempts me to come with you! :) xx
    CC1: 10273.70/6892.56. CC2: 1000/832
    Cat1: PAID :j Cat 2: Paid :j Cat3: Paid :j Cat4: paid :j Family: paid :j CC3: paid :j M/A: Paid :j.
  • Whitefeather8
    edited 25 October 2014 at 8:31AM
    Options
    I don't think I made the word up! It is interesting that you mentioned Google, it may be an urban myth, but I read that Google was the grand champion of visualising dreams, and making them happen.

They supposedly give their managers 20 percent time off -- just to work on personal dream projects. How cool is that.

I just signed up for Tut.com (free) whose motto is "Thoughts become Things". You get two goals to focus on and you just fill in the dots .......

Goal 1: I now ..............

(I put) have a job paying £25,000 which I love.

Goal 2: I will soon be ................

(I put) 10 stone 8 pounds.

You are right, what is the fun in being miserable xx.

• supersaver1000
    Options
    I am loving the positivity here. I would love to achieve both of those. It's achievable :)

Positive people, definitely a must :)
  • Whitefeather8
    edited 25 October 2014 at 8:47AM
    Options
    Thanks, I agree, It's achievable :). I went to Slimming World and the group were friendly and funny and welcomed me. I weighed in at my heaviest ever, 12 stone 6 pounds, but extremes are a natural place for a change of direction, so in keeping with the positive theme, I am not bovvered.

Their system is based around healthy, balanced eating and fitness rather than calorie counting and you are allowed up to 15 sins a day, which is generous even for the most wordly amongst us ;).

I have paid up until the end of my 108 days. I combined a number of offers and parted with £55.00 for thirteen weeks and a free cook book, which I thought was quite reasonable. I am thinking of this as a health and fitness course, so the money has come out of the training budget ;).

The slimmer of the week had lost 11.5 pounds in his first week! I thought that only happened on ‘The Biggest Loser’ show. He won an enormous bowl of fruit and vegetables. The icing on the cake was free coffee and SW biscuits, so there was no need to spend £5.00 treating myself afterwards. The class paid for itself :). I did go on a lovely, long walk though.

Spider Step 11 – Enoplognatha Ovate – Candy Striped Spider.

Today I am reading through the SW literature, in the bath of course, utilising my bath pillow and sticking a cucumber face mask on. I will then plan a weeks' breakfast, lunches and teas around it, for the whole family (what is good for the goose is good for the ganders) and I will do the weekly shop at Lidls.

• supersaver1000
    Options
    Go Wf8

I really love the planning and definitely get the whole family involved. That sounds like a bargain.

We've had a special weekend, so have enjoyed a few treats, but I'm going to follow your lead tomorrow.

SS1K
  • Whitefeather8
    edited 26 October 2014 at 8:36AM
    Options
    Hi Supersaver, I am following yours!! A piece of homemade cake each day and a slice of wholemeal bread are part of the plan, we are cutting out all 'junk' food though.

After reading your diary I have dusted down my Panasonic 247, pulled out my Hi Tec Food Processor and decided to make, today, a loaf of wholemeal bread, a VAT of my Auntie Audrey's Incredible Vegetable soup (for batch freezing) and a batch of your lemon curd cupcakes. I love cooking, so that will be a pleasure rather than a chore, but I seem to have fallen out of the habit of focusing on wholesome, family fare. I also intend to up my water intake considerably.

I have a couple of green glass bottles, that I filled with water last night and placed outside under the starlight, next to some geraniums. I plan to drink the water throughout the course of the day. I read a beautiful little book called 'The Hidden Messages in Water' by
    Masaru Emoto which helped me to appreciate the power of water for good health and well being, especially when it has been exposed to a lovely environment

So yesterday's task was accomplished and I even used a £5.00 off voucher for my Lidl shop.

Spider Step 11 - European TARANTULA wolf spider, Lycosa tarantula :eek:

Today's task sca
    res me witless though. I am going to complete my first online application form, ever. Success is just pressing the send button, by the end of the day.

Any tips here would be very welcome.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure