IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

DSA Doncaster Airport Parking Charge Notice from VCS

Options

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 9 March 2015 at 9:53AM
    Options
    VCS is not in the BPA, so dont adhere to their code of practice (any more) , the dangers of copying and pasting yet not reading !

to reiterate, VCS are in the IPC, not the BPA

I would add that as RK then you are not responsible for the charge as POFA 2012 does not apply to this airport, so go chase the driver (who will not be named)

you could also add that they have obtained your DVLA details illegally due to parking charges not being applicable on private roadways as roadways are not parking areas and no parking contract could be formed , so the bylaws should have been used
  • locknation
    Options
    Thank you Redx. I had indeed read about VCS being in the IPC, however, after looking on their website, they do still accredit the BPA (or at least the BPA emblem is displayed), and therefore I assumed their rules would also apply. I can assure you it is not because I have not read the information, quite the opposite, I've already spent most of my weekend reading and writing about this; any errors I've made are because I am finding it hard to understand and it is for this reason that I am asking for help. You liken this to learning to play football - I would say it is more akin to learning a new language, and a beginner could not go from having no knowledge to having full knowledge in this short space of time. Like you, I also learned to write at school, and I am perfectly capable of producing my own letter (as I'm sure you can appreciate from the draft I have copied below). I have not merely copied the template in the newbies thread, as I want to understand what I am writing, but I have used/adapted parts of it and used a similar layout, as clearly the experts on here know what they are talking about and it would therefore be foolish for me not to follow the example given. So, the point I am trying to make, is that I appreciate your help (and that of all others who have responded) but politely request your patience please.

Thank you for pointing out the two additional points to include, I will ensure to add these to my email.

I have also read on the ICS code of practice about a 'grace period'. Could this be used in my favour in this instance? The 3 photos on the PCN each have a time stamp, and the time duration from the first image to the last is less than one minute - ie hardly sufficient grace time for me to have left after stopping. Or, could the grace period be considered part of me leaving 'the site' as a whole (ie 'the site' = car park + approach roads) on the basis that I had paid for parking and was therefore still in the process of leaving 'the site'.

Regarding Peel Holdings, I called Doncaster Airport initially to find out to whom I should address my complaints (assuming they were the landowners), and it was they who informed me that it was in fact Peel Holdings. I then tried to call Peel Holdings but they are closed at the weekend. In hindsight, I see that I am better not to telephone anyway, and will address my complaint to Peel Holdings in writing and as the RK.

Umkomaas, I am doing exactly as you suggest, putting in the leg work myself and requesting the help of regulars. I realise there is no "silver bullet", but, like any newbie, I am in need of a 'leg up' to get me started. Your help is also appreciated.
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,568 Forumite
    Options
    "I have also read on the ICS code of practice about a 'grace period'. Could this be used in my favour in this instance?"

It could be ...... but please remember that ant PPC using ICS do so because they only want your £££. They really do not care one iota

I also applaud your complaint to Peel Holding , ..... you do understand that Peel Holding make £££ out of each and every invoice sent out?

Keep going and good luck

Ralph:cool:
  • Redx
    edited 9 March 2015 at 10:56AM
    Options
    no idea what an ICS CoP is , but as ralph says, they just want your money, not excuses

I accept that when VCS were in the BPA last year they adopted the BPA CoP , but as members of the IPC they now adopt the IPC Cop

its your job , not mine , to make sure that what you write is factually correct , my opinions is that it is NOT factually correct, you may differ on that aspect and as its your appeal then feel free to do so

but when you ask for critique, you will get it, like it or not (sorry to say)

I fail to see why you make reference to the BPA when the company is in the IPC and no longer in the BPA, again , you may disagree, its your choice (your funeral)

your appeal reads more like the popla appeals from last year, rather than a PPC appeal

my point about Peel Holdings is that its common knowledge that they own JLA but not known about RHA, so I thought you may have read it in regards to JLA and assumed it was correct, plus you mentioned Peel Centre which is also owned by Peel Holdings so I thought you may be getting Peel on the brain and that may have been a mistake with RHA

speaking frankly, it matters not a jot what you write as VCS and the IAS will turn down your appeals and Peel Holdings will turn down your complaint - that is my opinion , you may think they are human beings but they are money grabbin thi*v*s

I wish I had your rose tinted glasses but after nearly 2 years of learning this "game" and seeing VCS and EXCEL on both sides of this fence I am sorry to say that your wishes and feelings are misguided

I wish you luck in your endeavours , I may comment on what you write too, but I will not be comparing the CoP or other details on your behalf or doing any of the legwork

we steer the boat, you stoke the boiler 24/7 , we tell you when you are not shovelling fast enough or the kettle needs putting on and the floor needs sweeping , thats the way it is ;)

regards
  • locknation
    Options
    I've spent a lot more time drafting my appeal and more or less rewritten from scratch, having read every word of every COP and legislation I can find
    Though I realise it is likely to fail, I feel if it's worth doing at all then it's worth doing well as I can't add anything to it a later stage. Appeals have been won, or VCS have been known just to give up, so I figure it's worth a shot.

What I am lacking, as I live over an hour from DSA, is any pictures of the entrance and repeater signs. I could have sworn I saw a thread in this forum where someone who lived locally had posted some very detailed images of the signs, but that was a few days ago and now I cannot for the life of me find them again. The images included some with a ruler held up to the text if that jogs anyobody's memory? Can anybody possibly point me in the right direction, I'm not being lazy, I've looked and looked over the past few days. It could have been a.different website, but I still can't find them again :-(

Or does anybody have any recent pictures of their own that they took of the signs around the site? I'd be very grateful to see any such pictures as otherwise it's a 2 hour round trip and I'll never get that past the wife who is already threatening divorce if I don't just pay up and stop ignoring her by wasting time on all this stuff!

Thanks In advance
  • hoohoo
    hoohoo Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Options
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/vehicle-control-systems-signage-at.html

These are the signs at liverpool. Apparently they are they same at doncaster, so just file these in your appeal
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
  • Redx
    Options
    prankster put some on his blog last year about RHA signage

on a side note, look at this winning ias appeal at humberside, easily adapted for your airport

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=67924424#post67924424
  • locknation
    Options
    Thanks, I had seen the pics from prankster but as far as I know these were taken a while ago before VCS shifted to IPC so I cannot be certain they are still the same, I've never seen them with my own eyes!

Same applies for the Liverpool signs, I don't think I should use pics that aren't even from the same airport.

Thanks for the link to successful appeal though, I'll read that thoroughly.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,690 Forumite
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    prankster put some on his blog last year about RHA signage

on a side note, look at this winning ias appeal at humberside, easily adapted for your airport

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=67924424#post67924424

If used wisely (with good proof-reading/adaption) this should prove an excellent test of IAS consistency/impartiality/independence. I'll wait and see with considerable interest.

@OP - do please come back with the outcome - it could be most important in the strategy for dealing with IPC/IAS airport operators.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,911 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    locknation wrote: »
    I've spent a lot more time drafting my appeal and more or less rewritten from scratch, having read every word of every COP and legislation I can find
    Though I realise it is likely to fail, I feel if it's worth doing at all then it's worth doing well as I can't add anything to it a later stage. Appeals have been won, or VCS have been known just to give up, so I figure it's worth a shot.

What I am lacking, as I live over an hour from DSA, is any pictures of the entrance and repeater signs. I could have sworn I saw a thread in this forum where someone who lived locally had posted some very detailed images of the signs, but that was a few days ago and now I cannot for the life of me find them again. The images included some with a ruler held up to the text if that jogs anyobody's memory? Can anybody possibly point me in the right direction, I'm not being lazy, I've looked and looked over the past few days. It could have been a.different website, but I still can't find them again :-(

Or does anybody have any recent pictures of their own that they took of the signs around the site? I'd be very grateful to see any such pictures as otherwise it's a 2 hour round trip and I'll never get that past the wife who is already threatening divorce if I don't just pay up and stop ignoring her by wasting time on all this stuff!

Thanks In advance

Have you seen the thread on page 1 now where a person won at IAS appeal, about an Airport no stopping zone? Copy that style.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport