Investment Service that only charges a percentage of growth

Options

Comments

• johnnyhandsome
    Options
    Now worrying I havent hit my bad year yet, can you send me a link on this!
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,457 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Now worrying I havent hit my bad year yet, can you send me a link on this!
    Now I can't tell whether you're a spammer or just incredibly naive. Here is a chart of the FTSE All-share, but pretty much all markets took a similar nose-dive in 2008: https://www.google.co.uk/finance?chdnp=0&chdd=1&chds=1&chdv=1&chvs=Linear&chdeh=0&chfdeh=0&chdet=1410640298838&chddm=1996988&chls=IntervalBasedLine&q=INDEXFTSE:ASX&ntsp=0&ei=p6kUVIjKHqHgwQPAk4CACw
  • johnnyhandsome
    Options
    OK, Is this some kind of club or a forum stop answering questions if it irritates you:
    - I dont just invest in UK funds, and my portfolio did not drop anywhere near 40%, but i am sure many people did lose this amount.
    NOT TO SOUND SPAMMY
    I read in their blog they are not regulated and do not handle clients money, they provide an information service. They offer a free portfolio review, and do not charge anything until after the first year. Its too good to be true, but what can I lose!!
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,665 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can only find one company that say they charge 10% of annual growth and only invest in the best funds in sectors?
    blackknight.uk.com
    Has anyone used them?

Not sure many genuine investment companies would use a subdomain rather than one of their own, that immediately puts me off.
    OK, Is this some kind of club or a forum stop answering questions if it irritates you:
    - I dont just invest in UK funds, and my portfolio did not drop anywhere near 40%, but i am sure many people did lose this amount.
    NOT TO SOUND SPAMMY
    I read in their blog they are not regulated and do not handle clients money, they provide an information service. They offer a free portfolio review, and do not charge anything until after the first year. Its too good to be true, but what can I lose!!

Ask yourself how they make money. Once you know that then you may have an idea if they are any good
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • masonic
    edited 13 September 2014 at 9:47PM
    Options
    If I'm coming across as irritated, it's because I don't like to see people taken advantage of by unscrupulous companies.

What you can lose is whatever money you invest on the "advice" or the information you receive. This company gets 10% of your gains (how does that even work?), but suffers 0% of your losses and I'm sure they'll vanish before the 12 months is up if it looks like people are going to lose money.

Edit: ...and because they are unregulated, you have zero comeback if you feel the investments were unsuitable.
  • johnnyhandsome
    Options
    Look guys thanks (and not to sound spammy) I get this. If I grow 15% in 1 year on 100k, they make 1.5K.

What is a subdomain?
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,665 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Look guys thanks (and not to sound spammy) I get this. If I grow 15% in 1 year on 100k, they make 1.5K.

What is a subdomain?

Uk.com is the domain. As is bbc.co.uk or google.com

They've then sold on a sub domain to this company so xyz.uk.com but it means they aren't in control of their domain, just seems a very cheap and unprofessional way to have a website.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • masonic
    Options
    If they don't handle any client money, then presumably you have to execute the strategy yourself using your own account. How do they then calculate their fee? What happens if you don't follow their instructions correctly or quickly enough and end up not making as much money as they think you should have? Do they need access to the particulars of your account?

This still looks very much like a scam to me, but it's your money and your choice.
  • johnnyhandsome
    Options
    Your wrong, .uk.com is a domain ending just like .com, I have just checked this online
  • johnnyhandsome
    Options
    From their service section, its like they work ongoing with you. Dedicated account manager etc. Masonic, im not a spammer, but I have always thought this is the way a financial service should be. I have been comparing my funds against their top funds in their best funds report, and my funds are not in the op 25% in each sector and I have lost serious growth over the last 5 years. I have also looked at a few free reports they have released on fund managers in their blog. They seem to know their stuff, would love you guys to have an opinion. I looked at a repot on M&G funds, and I have a 4 M&G funds, from their report 2 of them are rubbish, and the other 2 are just ok..They know their stuff
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure