Most Romantic thing someone has done for you?

Options
2»

Comments

• zaxdog
    zaxdog Posts: 774 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Packed me up in the car when I was in a rotten mood and took me to Glencoe so I could run about in the snow with the dog.

Took me a two hour drive for chips just because he knew an old fashioned chippy I'd love.

Sent the dog upstairs with a note round his neck saying "I love you"

Makes amazing "hangover busting" satay even when he feels pants!

Heck the more I type the more I realise I'm never letting him go :j
  • good_advice
    good_advice Posts: 2,653 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee! Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I was a bit shocked a few days ago when Oh cut some flowers from our garden and made an arrangement in a vase. It was a surprise gift for me ;)
    First time he had ever done this. it is usually me that is always trying to make our home look nice.
    The secret to success is making very small, yet constant changes.:)
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So many little things every day :D bringing me a cup of tea, coming home with my favourite chocolate bar, filling the dishwasher total winner ;)), asking about my day and really listening.

These little things mean more to me than big gestures
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • Lily-Rose_3
    Lily-Rose_3 Posts: 2,732 Forumite
    Options
    Rummer wrote: »
    So many little things every day :D bringing me a cup of tea, coming home with my favourite chocolate bar, filling the dishwasher total winner ;)), asking about my day and really listening.

These little things mean more to me than big gestures

Awwwwwwwwww.......... :D Some sweet things on here.

Sounds daft, but I flailed over a mug in the shape of a tabby cat a while back, in a charity shop, and I left it. I regretted it, but thought 'oh well...'

For our anniversary a month later, one of my gifts was, you guessed it, that mug! Hubby had gone back to the charity shop the next day in his lunch hour. :)

Also, a nice gesture was a surprise weekend break to Rome for my 40th birthday. I did NOT expect that! :o He booked it all slyly, and informed me 3 days before.
    Proud to have lost over 3 stone (45 pounds,) in the past year! :j Now a size 14!

You're not singing anymore........ You're not singing any-more! :D
  • Buzzybee90
    Buzzybee90 Posts: 1,652 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    He's very romantic, when we first got together he'd pick me up from school and take me on mystery dates.

He's taken to me some lovely places and he wrote letters to me for about a year and made me a mix tape (they're still great things!)

He gets me flowers regularly and cooks me three course meals for special occasions.

He's just a generally lovely lad :)
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    I'm not sure. It's not the day after valentines when he crept in through the door, said 'I don't do things like this, it's not me, but here you go' and pulled out a huge bunch of red roses from behind his back. It's not his protestations that he'll never do public displays of affection, but always hugs and kisses me when we meet and holds my hand.

I think it's probably when I woke up on the sofa with damp flannels over my forehead, face and neck and realised he'd taken time off work to look after me when I had horrendous flu. He'd been there for the best part of a week by then, and had bought new flannels, sat pretty much all day and night with my head on his lap, held me up as I coughed and coughed and coughed and fought for breath, washed me, presumably taken me to the bathroom and pretty much nursed me without a single break or more than a few minutes' sleep at a time for days and nights on end.

Either that or it's when he finally managed to tell me he loved me. Not because of that, but because of his reaction when I said it back. He shook. And I could feel the dampness on his face when we kissed.

To give some context, this is the guy who nicknamed me 'Boobs'.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Snakey
    Snakey Posts: 1,174 Forumite
    Options
    My best friend James in primary school once kept hold of his last Rolo for a whole weekend so that he could bring it in for me on the Monday.

I also have half a marble, that we threw out of his attic window after seeing/reading something about how Victorian sweethearts used to cut sixpences in half and keep half each so that they could feel like they were together even when they were apart.

As an adult, I attract the kind of man who thinks birthday cards, flowers etc are a waste of money, gives me money instead of presents because "I didn't know what to get you", and dismisses Valentine's Day as commercial overpriced nonsense (because he doesn't need someone else dictating what our special day should be... which is fine until you realise he lets actual special days, such as anniversaries, pass entirely unremarked too). I've no idea what went wrong!
  • mrcow
    mrcow Posts: 15,170 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gave me their credit card and let me travel around the world on a whim. (Edit: It wasn't really a whim, more like my biggest dream).
    "One day I realised that when you are lying in your grave, it's no good saying, "I was too shy, too frightened."
    Because by then you've blown your chances. That's it."
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    I once went shopping with my OH at an outlet shopping centre a couple of hours drive from where we live. I tried on a beautiful pair of shoes, but after much umming and ahhing decided they were too expensive and I really didn't need them and couldn't afford them anyway. When we got home I looked online hoping I would be able to find them for less, but to my disappointment discovered they were a previous seasons model and were no longer sold anywhere.
    I have a lot of trouble finding shoes that fit me properly and don't rub, and it's even rarer that I find a pair of heels I can walk in, so spent the rest of the weekend cursing myself for not buying them when I had the chance.
    I got home one evening the following week to find this pair of shoes sitting in the hallway waiting for me! My OH had got up early and driven back to the shopping centre before work to get them for me.

Another time I was having a bad day at work and texted him something like "Having a bad day, could really do with a slice of cake right now", and arrived home a few hours later just as he was taking the cake out of the oven :o
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    When OH & I first got together I'd been planning a holiday on my own but he came along. We had a running joke all week about how he'd stopped me having a fling with Juan,the dishy (imaginary!) waiter. When I got home there was a long answerphone message from 'Juan' telling me, in a Spanish accent, how lovely I was and what a great holiday he'd had etc :D. I kept it on there for ages till a power cut lost it :(.

Since then? Pretty much nada. He did offer to buy me flowers one Valentine's Day as a streetseller was packing up at the end of the day and 'I can probably get them cheap' - that's more his style :rotfl:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure